Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barbara Connell

AustinMike

I've got some friends out here, some like family and just wanted them to know it's a devastating week for our family. I lost my mom at 1:38am this morning. An aggressive strain of pneumonia took her down quickly. She was 62. My brother was to be married this Saturday. We are devastated and I don't know what to say. I haven't slept, I'm hurt, I'm angry, I'm in shock. I believe we can use any prayers or good thoughts anyone cares to send our way.

Mom...suddenly, unexpectedly, you were gone.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Lost our mother very suddenly many years ago and it's tough, no getting around it. Family gets you through this. Before you know it the memories pain will be replaced by the celebration of her life and times. God bless you and your family. Prayers inbound.

Jim

Mike, I'm so sorry. That's way too young. The lose of a close family member is very hard at any age. Remember, it takes times to grieve and everyone grieves in their own way, and however long it takes is ok. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I recently was requested to speak at a friend's funeral/ash scattering and knew that I had to find something fulfilling to say. This is what I found. My Mom was so touched by it that she asked me to recite it at her funeral (whenever that may be).

+++

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says "There, she goes."

"Gone where?"

"Gone from my sight. That is all."

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at that moment when someone says "There, she is gone" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout - "Here she comes!"

by Henry Van Dyke

+++

-Chet

Mike we are very sorry to hear about your mother. It has been 5 months since we lost Cheryl’s father unexpected. As difficult as it may seem right now it will get easier. Please let us know if we can do anything.

-Mike, Cheryl & Zack