Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championship IPSC Rifle 2009

BTW I am going the cheap route and staying in the barracks and eating at the chow hall.

That is a good choice. Food was excellent last year and the price was right. :)

We had 1 room for me and my wife last year (2 persons in 6 bed room)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important:

The MD posted some new important information over on GV:

One day less spent shooting.

New schedule of events:

We have only about 200 shooters in the Main match, and are changing the schedule.

Dates: Prematch: 9th to 11th of July 2009

Opening ceremony: 12th of July

Main match 13th to 16th of July

Award ceremony 17th of July

I hope this causes no problems for you.

More information is coming the nearest days.

We are now closing the entry, and will send all the registrated shooters to the RD for approval.

See you on the range soon.

Kyrre Lee

MD ERC 2009

Edited by Cardinal

• 1 month later...
Wow, this looks like a great experience!

There are still available slots, so you can come too!

Dagfinn

I'm talking to a buddy in Austria about it...

Hmm, anything I can do to convince you? If you work as crew during main match and shoot the prematch, you'll get free food and lodging, and shoot the match for free... and I can abolutely guarantee it's gonna bee great fun too!

Get to Oslo, bring rifle+beer and buy ammo locally (its not gonna be too expencive ) and you're set!

/D

Edited by dak

He dont take offence that often in my experiance. ....

(unless you shoot him in the chest with an airsoft pistol.... but if you do, make sure he has had a few beers to mitigate the initial sting and subsequent flash of Grizzily Bear like rage... :roflol: )

Actually I am lying as he just shrugged and laughed ............... and then killed everyone...... :D

How much will this whole event cost ?? I want to go and only live a few hundred miles away but it looks like it will be very expensive, cost and time wise ?

Dagfin me old mate, how much will hotels, entry fee, and ammo cost add up to ? I will add my flight cost and time off work to see if my missus will allow such Nordic fun !!

I wanna come and play but am scared I will catch Nordic Rifle Flu .... ! :surprise:

Edited by mike.45

He dont take offence that often in my experiance. ....

(unless you shoot him in the chest with an airsoft pistol.... but if you do, make sure he has had a few beers to mitigate the sting and initial Grizzily Bear like rage... :roflol: )

How much will this whole event cost ?? I want to go and only live a few hundred miles away but it looks like it will be very expensive, cost and time wise ?

Dagfin me old mate, how much will hotels, entry fee, and ammo cost add up to ? I will add my flight cost and time off work to see if my missus will allow such Nordic fun !!

I wanna come and play but am scared I will catch Nordic Rifle Flu .... ! :surprise:

Mike, my friend - if you come sunday and shoot main match, it wil be a rather expensive I'm affraid. 350 eur fee + 130 eur ammo (400 rnds apx, dep on eur exch rate) hotel eur 100/night and food pretty mutch what you make it be - minimum eur 20/day I guess.

Now then, if you come wednsday evening, shoot the prematch with me and work as an RO during main match, it's your airfare + ammo. The rest is covered:-)

Any wich way you're more than welcome! Bring you own Beer :roflol:

Dagfinn

(the rifle flu is rather contagious, but luckily you can play the game for considerably less than the 3-gun game when you're UK based:-)

Edited by dak

how much will hotels, entry fee,

Nothing, if you come and shoot the pre-match and then work the main match :devil:

If not, €350 for the match and 240 for staying a 6 bed barracks for 8 days.

Don't know about the cost of official match ammo.

Edit: Dagfinn was faster

Edited by Cardinal

He's lying he's just after the free ranging SHEEP!!!!!!!!!

Trapr

No worries, these domesticated animals are used to sharing their areas with predators, and wil be over the hills and far away at the mere squeak of his rubber boots :cheers:

/D

• 2 weeks later...

The website erc2009.no have been updated with info regarding safety angles.

copied below:

Safe Angles of Fire

IPSC Rifle Rules 2009 Edition 2.1.2.1: Subject to the direction and approval of the Regional Director, stage(s) or range specific muzzle angles (reduced or increased) may be approved. Full details of the applicable angles must be published in advance of the match and must be included in the written stage briefings (also see Section 2.3). Violations are subject to Rule 10.5.2.

Norwegian military ranges are not constructed with IPSC shooting in mind. Nor has IPSC Norway any influence what so ever on how they are built. They are however the only ranges available to us large enough to host a match the size of the ERC 2009. The backstop on the ranges are either constructed, or just a mountain. And behind that? More mountains. There are no side berms. Do not expect any stage with even possible safe angles of fire as wide as 90° from the median of the backstop.

We as match organizers and stage designers must have the safety of competitors, spectators and the general public as our first priority. We must abide by the range rules. The stage design, and the safe angles of fire, will by necessity be dictated by this. That means that safe angles of fire will be strictly limited and strictly enforced. In other words, we play the cards we're dealt.

The safe angles of fire will be clearly marked, and pointed out to you during the stage briefing. Pay close attention!

Raising the muzzle to point over the backstop will cause no outcry. Fire over the backstop and you will earn a match disqualification according to IPSC Rifle Rules 2009 Edition 10.4.1

Pointing the muzzle outside the marked safe angle of fire will earn you a match disqualification according to IPSC Rifle Rules 2009 Edition 10.5.2

The Regional Director has given his approval, and the details are hereby published.

• 4 weeks later...

From a local IPSC forum:

Keep in mind the times mentioned are local. We are Eastern plus 6 hours. So it should be available in about two hours from the time of this post.

Pre and Main match squadding for European Rifle Championship will be published on www.erc2009.no at 23:55 tonight.

It is possible to change squad the next 2 days, squadding will be final on friday 12:00.

SD@ERC

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I would imagine most of the guys are either in country of on route as we speak so just a note to wish all

the US guys, Kurt, Kelly, Trapr, Dan Earnest, Dan Horner, Robbie, Jerry and Sharon M, JP and of course Bruce Piatt the very best of luck and to kick some a$$ !!

Semi auto rifles and ARs etc are legal in most countries in mainland Europe and when we went last time we found out that whilst they all kinda talk funny the Euros certainly know how to shoot rifles fast and acurately, especially in open class. But looking at the class of US shooters invading Norway this year I think the locals are going to be in for a bit of a shock.....

I wish I was there to see the other competitors faces whilst pointing and whispering to themselves saying things like 'look thats Jerry Miculek, Kuit Mular, Kelly Kneel and John Paule from JP rifles..... !!!'

Good luck guys, wish I was there.

Spoke to the guys last night and they are in good spirits. Its the opening ceremony today..... apparently Robbie and Kurt are the designated drivers when they come up to those hellishly confusing things called roundabouts :surprise:

Mind you it cant be as bad as when Kelly was our designated driver in 2006.... lucky they didnt inspect the rental minibus that hard on its return ! :roflol:

Edited by mike.45