Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chris Tikonoff - A47620

Rob Boudrie

I received word that Chris Tinkonoff died earlier today. This was completely unexpected (Chris was in his mid 30's). Chris ran the matches at the American Firearms School in N. Attleboro, MA, and was a regular at most of the clubs in the Northeast Section. He is survived by his wife Carine and his dog Otis. Chris was a good man and a good friend. I will miss him.

I received word that Chris Tinkonoff died earlier today. This was completely unexpected (Chris was in his mid 30's). Chris ran the matches at the American Firearms School in N. Attleboro, MA, and was a regular at most of the clubs in the Northeast Section. He is survived by his wife Carine and his dog Otis. Chris was a good man and a good friend. I will miss him.

Life is fragile.

May he rest in peace,

A.T.

Thanks Rob for taking the lead here... I am still messed up bad about his passing.

Chris, you will live on in our hearts and minds, thank you for being such a great friend to all lucky enough to have known you. We will endeavour to help Carine and your family in their time of need.

Thanks to everyone in the NE section who responded to my emails earlier, your thoughts and prayers will help us all through this time, and will be passed along to Carine.

Chris, you are missed and will be remembered.

I was truly hurt by this news. Yesterday Chris and I were making plans to meet at a match. I will miss him.

Otis, the Corgi, is from the same breeder as mine and I always joked with Chris about who was smarter, the dogs or us.

Chris, I miss you already. My deepest sympathies to his loving wife, his family, and his friends. Also to the Hopkington Heavy Hitters, you have lost one of your finest members. Chris was a true gentleman

Gary

TY43215

Chris was indeed at the AFS class, so you definitely met him. He has also recently completed arrangements to schedule the 2009 AFS winter series of matches (Jan/Feb/Mar) at that range and I know he was looking forward to running them. Yes, those matches will still happen.

I am in a state of shock right now. Chris was a very intelligent and caring person. He was always helpful and encouraged new shooters. Chris was the strong quiet type who was always there helping to pull the load. I have worked and shot many matches with him in the past. He was a well loved member of the Hopkinton Heavy Hitters and will be greatly missed.

Chris, I love you brother.

Michael.

Edited by IPSCDRL

I am still in shock. I had the pleasure and honor of squadding with Chris many, many times. We just squadded together last month at Manville. We had lots of great conversations over the past few years and I was trying to get his wife to join our ladies shooting group. Aw man, this sucks.

My heart and sympathies go out to his wife and family. I lost my husband a few years ago, so I know what they are feeling. Time helps. You never forget, but it will get easier.

Donna

I was shocked by the news yesterday. Chris was a great guy and always willing to give to help fellow shooters. He was a huge personality in our little group at Hopkinton. My son and Chris would often compare scores (same Division), and Chris could always be counted on for working the matches as well. He was really just starting his life - recently married, new job, new dog, head screwed on straight!. Damn shame, Chris was one of the good ones. If Chris's passing can do us any good it's to remind us to stop and think and be grateful for the good times we have with family and friends!

DVC Chris!

Erich Thalheimer

Hopkinton Heavy Hitters

Edited by #50

Wow!!!! This is terrible news. Chris was such a great guy and such a gentleman. He was always a pleasure to be around and always helping the newer shooters. He will be deeply missed and my heart goes out to his wife and family. It's a true loss for all of us in the Northeast and we will all miss him.

Some pictures of Chris.

I posted some pictures of Chris. I hope it is OK to link to then here.

Michael.

Michael,

it's fine with us --- if that's where the question was addressed.

All,

my condolences. I know what you're feeling --- it's been seven months since we lost one of our own in NJ. It gets easier over time to think of them --- but you never miss the departed less....

Thank you guys, and yes, thank you Nick. I wanted to be sure it was OK to post a link to the photo site.

You can all see by the smile on his face in the photos how much he enjoyed the shooting sports.

Chris came to an introduction to USPSA/IPSC class several years ago that Rob Boudrie (A7 director) coordinates each spring.

Chris got hooked and became an core part of our local crew and then helped teach these classes. He was always helpful and encouraging to new shooters.

We had a moment of silence followed by the firing of a rifle volley prior to yestrday's local USPSA match at Harvard. It was very touching and several friends who could not stay for the match were there just for the send-off.

We had a moment of silence followed by the firing of a rifle volley prior to yestrday's local USPSA match at Harvard. It was very touching and several friends who could not stay for the match were there just for the send-off.

That was so great of you guys to come all the way up for that. I wish you could have stayed but I showed a lot of respect and class. It reminded me that this isn't all just about shooting... it's about living. Enjoying life with great people.