Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My last Desert Classic - and why...

AZ Stats Chic

OMG !!! :surprise: What???

After starting in 1995 as a helper in Stats at the Rio Salado Desert Classic, I realized that the Stats office needed more than just a little help and also needed a lot of vamping. 1996 was the first year that I volunteered to head up Stats for the Classic and have since improved the process over the years.

I have put the match before some family things at times and regret some of those moments.

This year, our "baby" (Paul) is in his Senior year at St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York. He went there on a soccer scholar - ship and has been aspiring to join an MLS team. A couple of weeks ago in Austin, TX - an MLS coach was watching a game Paul played in and specifically asked about "that number 9 guy" - Paul. We were at that game and also went to New York the following weekend when their team made it into their League finals. Which brings us to the weekend of the Classic - which happens to be the same weekend of the finals in New York. Needless to say, if we DON'T go to watch Paul play, we'll regret it - forever (which is a very, very, very long time).

With all this in mind, we are planning on future travel to MLS games to watch the "baby" play. The Classic, and also the SMM3G have been so overwhelmingly time consuming that Bob and I have decided to make a change, for family's sake. No more Monday meetings around our dining room table... every - single - Monday... :wacko:

We'll both miss being involved and have enjoyed the many friendships that we've made over the years. It has been a pleasure.

I will be at Registration, but not Friday / Saturday / Sunday...

Take care... and have fun!! :cheers:

Best Personal Regards,

A2Chic - AZ Stats Chic - Barbara LaMarca :ph34r:

FYI - To the Moderators - I changed the word "scholar"-"ship" as one word, to two because there was an automatic advertisement that I didn't want to show on my post.

Edited by jhgtyre

Well... The "baby's" team did very well today - St. Lawrence University vs. RPI at Hobart College in Geneva, NY in overtime 1 - 0. I'm so glad we went to NY - but still miss being at the match. I hear that it's "so far - so good".

A2Chic :ph34r:

Yup, it's pretty good. Thanks!

Later,

Chuck