Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$1.99 for gas

Fullauto_Shooter

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy today was fun. As previously mentioned, the local Supermarket offers a deal to get .10 back per gallon for every $50 spent.

Today, I bought 18 gallons at 1.09!!!!!!!!!!! I filled up for under $20!!!!!!!!

Boy today was fun. As previously mentioned, the local Supermarket offers a deal to get .10 back per gallon for every $50 spent.

Today, I bought 18 gallons at 1.09!!!!!!!!!!! I filled up for under $20!!!!!!!!

WOW that is awesome! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just got gas for $1.51 today ...... :surprise: Although admittedly I don't know whether to be excited or worried. :unsure:

Here's a good example:

We have a whole fleet of service vans at work (about 15) & as far back as the late 80's the owners have always chosen GM vehicles ... Chevy to be exact. I guess it's the boss's way of supporting the local economy (Dayton, Ohio is without a doubt a GM town). Well a couple years ago when they found out that Chevrolet had discontinued the Astro vans, we started buying the full-size vans (what are they G-20's or something like that).

Well, I just got the news that after 9 longs years, I am the next in line for a new van. And for months now I have been trying to tell them that a smaller more fuel-efficient vehicle, such as the Chevy HHR or the Uplander would be much better on gas. But now with gas in the mid to upper- $1.00 range it's no use. They refuse to see the bigger picture. Gas prices almost put us out of business this summer, and I'm afraid it may come full circle next year around the same time.

Just trying to look out for my own job .... and those of my fellow co-workers. <_<

I just got gas for $1.51 today ...... :surprise: Although admittedly I don't know whether to be excited or worried. :unsure:

Here's a good example:

We have a whole fleet of service vans at work (about 15) & as far back as the late 80's the owners have always chosen GM vehicles ... Chevy to be exact. I guess it's the boss's way of supporting the local economy (Dayton, Ohio is without a doubt a GM town). Well a couple years ago when they found out that Chevrolet had discontinued the Astro vans, we started buying the full-size vans (what are they G-20's or something like that).

Well, I just got the news that after 9 longs years, I am the next in line for a new van. And for months now I have been trying to tell them that a smaller more fuel-efficient vehicle, such as the Chevy HHR or the Uplander would be much better on gas. But now with gas in the mid to upper- $1.00 range it's no use. They refuse to see the bigger picture. Gas prices almost put us out of business this summer, and I'm afraid it may come full circle next year around the same time.

Just trying to look out for my own job .... and those of my fellow co-workers. <_<

We have 151 here in Iowa at the local truck stop. I agree with your assessment about fuel economy it is amazing how everyone forgets how bad 4 to 5 dollar gas is when the price drops. We got a glimpse of the future you would be foolish to disregard it. It will be back! I promise!

1.95 for 100% gas, no ethanol

Now I'm envious. I haven't seen 'real' gas for a while.

Speaking of that there are gas stations that can mix more ethanol than 10% and it is amazing that the more you put in a non flex fuel vehicle the better it runs, this doesn't help when gas is this cheap but when the price goes back up it will help. One guy I talked to mixes as much as 40% ethanol in his truck and loves it. Much over that and there is to much oxygen in the fuel and it will set your engine light on from your o2 sensor. The ethanol also helps to clean the varnish that gas leaves on everything it touches. Good stuff. The big thing going now is mixing pumps, it lets the gas station sell what ever ratio they choose. But again this isn't a big deal until prices climb back up. I just wonder in the next year what policies are going to be passed to get it there.

It went down as low as 1.47 hereyesterday, then shot up to 1.65 today. Probably due to the upcoming Turkey-Day-Spending-Time-With-Family rush. ;)

And you expected otherwise? :surprise:

You know that before or just after the holiday that the consumer is going to get raped with a price hike. :angry2: