Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introduction

rexican

Hello everybody. I've been picking up some great information on the forum and I figured it was time to introduce myself.

I shot my first match last weekend in Waco, TX. I had a blast and everyone was really helpful.

I'm shooting a glock 35 in production class, and I'm using entry level equipment.

The only stage I did well on was the classifier, on which I was 14th out of 36 shooters.

But I learned a great deal about what I need to work on for next month.

Thanks for all the help.

Rex

Welcome Rex :cheers:

I shot with you last Saturday in Waco. You tested the Vanek trigger on my Glock 34.

You did extremely well at the match. I was impressed with your level of safety and knowledge. I'm glad that everyone made you feel comfortable. Thanks for joining the club and USPSA, too. Lots of BE Forum members shoot at Waco.

In this website, you have found the gold mine for information pertaining to our sport.

Again, welcome, and I'm looking forward to shooting with you again real soon.

Paul

Edited by baerburtchell

Thanks very much, Paul. You were extremely helpful and you along with others made my first match a very relaxing experience(My friend Justin liked your sights so much he ordered your sights and had me install them.) I'm just glad I didn't make too many mistakes(my major one being keeping track of target placement and mag changes when the buzzer rang)

A little more about myself: I'm a psychology major at Baylor, and I'm the pistol range officer for our university club, the Baylor Marksman's Association. I reload, do some gunsmithing work and stock refinishing, draw, hunt, bowfish, practice some martial arts, and tinker on anything I can get my hands on.

Here's my "kitchen"

post-16106-1225012780_thumb.jpg

Rex: Your post prompted me to register here, as I am interested in taking up practical pistol shooting. My daughter is a freshman at Baylor and a member of the equestrian team. I will let her know there is a Baylor shooting club, as she likes to shoot.

If you would like any information on our club, I'd be happy to send it. It took us about a year to get chartered: a lot of paperwork and hounding student activities. our range sessions are usually on fridays, and we alternate between shotguns, rifles, and pistols weekly.

Thanks everybody; with the amount of dry fire practice I've been doing and following some training advice here on the forums I hope for a decent showing this month. I just picked up some warren tactical sights and 2,000 more rounds of lead. I figured I'd post a pic of my quilifier: fluffy's revenge, I got 40/40 pts in 5.29 sec.

post-16106-1225754920_thumb.jpg