Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor 40 Problems

Austin Hemphill

I picked up some armscor 40 brass for a great price a while ago.  This week I finally loaded some up to test and had failures to extract about 1 in 30.  I am running an aftec and had no troubles with my other brass.  Has anyone had similar problems?  I miked some of the brass before I loaded and they were all within the range of my other brass in length, rim dia, and body dia.  I am rather pissed as I have about 2k pieces.

Not that I use the stuff, but have you checked the cases for signs of pressure?  How do the primers look?

Could be the brass is soft and is expanding in the chamber which causes it to stick and slip off the extractor.  This was happening with my friends super.

Chris,  I shot some more of the brass today.  They all looked good pressure wise.  I saved the pieces that hang up today and will mike them when I get a chance.  They all came out of the chamber after forcing the extractor on.  In fact, one fell out after I took the mag out to clear the gun.  I am guessing that the rim is out of spec but can't tell for sure.  Would long cases hangup like this?