dcarter

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris is actually cheering you on:

WHAT! Does anyone understand the point behind the song?

I believe PB indicated 'Yatta' expresses, 'I did it'. Ergo, You sucessfully opened up the can o Wup Buttocks ( :surprise: ) in the match. Interesting and disturbing way to say it though :unsure:

Addict

I had a great time at the classifier match Sunday and did ok but I did notice that my shots were low on a couple of stages. I need to go back to the range and check my sights to see where they are hitting. This has been bothering me for the last couple of matches. Have I picked up a flinch or changed something that I am not aware of. I'm going to set up a couple of classifiers at my range and shoot the stage at about 80% then move it up till I'm out of control and see if I can find the problem. I need to step up my dry fire as well. With all of the things going on at home and at work I find myself lacking in my plan. It is time to rededicate myself and get back on track. I'm tired of seeing other shooters improve while I see very little. I have my moments in the sun but they are not consistant.

One more thought before I forget. My ammo chronoed at 144 at Area 6. Last year it was consistant at 133 which was fine with me but no I need to seriously think about reloading so I can dial in my ammo. First I need to get my basement cleared out so I have a place to put that 550 I bought from Brian two years ago. Sad isn't it?

I had a great time at Oxford yesterday. I was a little disappointed with one stage where a couple of my rounds found a barrel but all in all it was ok. The good news is that those two rounds where in a nice tight group. :lol: Anyway, I have a while before my next match so I'm going to take advantage of the time and get in some practice. I still am having a problem with low shots. It is not the pistol so it has to be me. Maybe I need to look at the way I am griping the pistol or I have picked up a flinch with my faster speed. Starting tomorrow I will be heading to the gym and will continue with my cardio while adding some lifting. I could always use more upper body strength.

Workouts are still going great. I added a little lifting to the mix and my arms a very sore. I still need to work on my eating habbits.

I have applied to be one of Cincinnati's finest range officers and just got back from the shooting portion of the hiring process. I ran second in the accuracy portion and second in the shotgun course and to no ones surprise......I took first in the PPC portion. I have had reservations about evem trying out for this position because rumor has it they are looking for a female and it won't matter how well I do if that is the case because no matter how hard I try I just can't make myself look like a girl. Maybe PB can help me with that! :lol: It is also a fact that everyone that is on staff at the range is either current SWAT or prior SWAT. I hate the political game so I will have to just waite and see if I get the job. I have an interview on Wednesday at 1:00 and will find out in very short order after the interviews if I have the job because they need to fill it quickly. If I don't get it then I am no worse off than I was before so I guess there is no harm in trying. If I get the job then it will mean a pay cut but it is something that I want to do.

Dan,

I'm sure you'll do what you must to get the RO job, but please don't show up at the Milford match in a dress as I'll have to burn my eyes out.

Good luck!

Dan,

I'm sure you'll do what you must to get the RO job, but please don't show up at the Milford match in a dress as I'll have to burn my eyes out.

Good luck!

How about something like your avatar? I think I could look just as good in that.

Dan,

Good luck!

How about something like your avatar? I think I could look just as good in that.

UMMMMM no.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I still haven't heard anything about the range position I applied for but the spot has to be filled very soon so maybe I'll find out in the next couple days. Anyway, I had a great day. It started out getting a 100% on my R.O. recert and going to the gym for my workout. When I got home I was alone in the house. The wife and kids went to the park so I got out my gear and got about 2 hours of dry fire in. I have been going through shooting withdrawl here lately because I haven't had a match in about 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to 2 majors next month and one local at the end of this month. I would like to squeeze in a Miamisburg match after that but we will see. All in all everything is going well. I still need to learn to be smoother with my movement and not be so "choppy". When I see video of me going through a stage it just looks labored. I need to keep my knees bent and "Know" where I am going next without having to think about it. It seems that the more I learn about this sport the more I realize I don't know much yet.

I got 30 minutes worth of cardio and a short upper body workout in at the gym then came home a cleaned my pistols. I went to check out what is going on on-line and found something really cool in my e-mail:

I still have to pay for it but I should have it very soon. I may not shoot like a pro but I'm going to play the part till I do.

mockup__2.pdf

Edited by dcarter

Well Sunday's match was ok. I could see several things that I could do better on including the classifier. I am still having problems trying too hard. When I push myself too far it is always a disaster. I have been taking the advice of a fellow shooter (Master) and working on a lot of basic skills like draws and reloads to the point where they are becoming automatic. I see the difference with my reloads already. I had one not so smooth reload in Sundays match and it was on one of the stages I was trying too hard on. I guess it is back to work for the Indiana sectional next month. I am so looking forward to this match.

I'm going to the range tomorrow come hell or high water. It will probably be high water since it is suppose to rain. I'm going to work on some precision shooting, box to box exercises and maybe bill drills. I also want to set up a barricade and work on my set ups on those. For my up coming match I've been working on off the table reloads. I'm also going to get back to the gym. I haven't been in over a week and I'm starting to feel it. I paid for my shirts and should have them by the time I go to the Area 5 match.

I was going over last Sundays match in my head and realized that every stage that I had problems on I was thinking about going fast. I have a mission for my next match and that is to keep myself from doing that. It never turns out the way I want it to. Trust your sight, call your shots and move!

I've been working on the table reloads for the IN sectional with not great success unless I slow it down to a reasonable speed. The faster I try to go the uglier the time and more cuts on my hand. I've tried 2 methods of chambering the 1st round, using the barrel and the back of the slide. Less cuts using the barrel.

Just got back from the gym and had a great workout. I will be working on some dryfire after I get up because my wife is going out and I need to get some sleep before she goes.

I need to work on more movement drill but won't be able to tonight cause I have to watch my 3 little ones so they will be picking up my mags and running off with them. Ya got to love being a dad!

I'm getting myself ready for my next match and want to make a good showing (for once). I won't be posting a lot in the next week just for that reason. I know what I need to do and now I'm going to get it done.

I had a great cardio workout yesterday and just found out a little while ago that the M&P9L was just put on the production list just in time for the Indiana sectional. I'm going to try to make it to the range for some live fire practice today after court. I am also going to try to make it to the Circleville match this Saturday. It should make for a good practice match before Indiana. I just have to sweet talk my wife into letting me go.