dcarter

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, it's been a while since I've added anything here. Probably because there was nothing to add. I haven't pulled a trigger since early November. I've been working on getting the Ohio Championship off the ground and have been dealing with "sister" issues since just before Christmas.

I was just reading Micah's range diary and it got me motivated. I'm going to dust off the pistol and get some DF in. We just started a new off day schedule at work and it is great. It gives me plenty of time to work on my skills. My biggest issue seems to be getting money together for bullets. My plan was to start shooting my brand new M&P40 Pro this year but coming up with money for the new ammo appears to be an "issue". At the very least I had promised myself I would lose some my weight during my off season and I haven't lived up to that promise as of yet. Starting today I am going to start regular cardio and light weight training as well as regular dry fire. I have my calendar all set up with everything I plan to do. Now all I need to do is follow the plan and tweak it wear it needs to be tweaked.

My goal is to lose 25 lbs before the first match at MRPC on March 25th and just keep on going.

I told a friend of mine last year that I was going to try to stop dipping. It costs a lot of money and isn't doing anything good for my health. This crap is more addicting than crack and I'm going to need help to break the habbit. I'm going to my doctor to get a full physical and to see what we can come up with to help me with that. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.

Good luck Dan!

Don't tell anybody but what I would do is just add a dollar to the Ohio match fee to get the bullet money. Like I said let's just keep it between you and me.wink.gif

You are just wrong for that. :lol:

Besides, it's going to take more than a few entries to pay back the club for the front money. The good news is Matt has all the parts we ordered and should be working on the pistols soon if he hasn't started already.

Sounds like a great plan DJ! 25 # is steep, but WTF. Saturday hitting the elliptical 750am same time on Sunday for legs - You know where if you want a partner :cheers: . Best on the dippage too. Hard habit to break but I know you have the ability. Maybe you can discuss with your "issue" and go for a couple cases of .40's if you go clean for 2 months... :devil:

Addict

I started getting sick yesterday with some sort of chest congestion. I'm coughing my dang head off. I did work a Cyclones game at US Bank tonight and walked around the dang place about 30 times. I have no idea what distance I walked but my legs were sore. :D

Dan,

Addict and I both (Assuming he has the same membership type I do) can take guests to the gym anytime we want and you are welcome to go with me anytime.

My best advice for weight loss is this...what we look like is more than 80% about what we eat. I've lost 15lbs since December simply by changing what I eat...only 20 or so more to go.

Yep. My diet is the first thing I looked at. Not just what I eat (which is a big one) but WHEN I eat. I have a habbit of not eating regularly and then coming home and filling up just before going to bed. I have a lot of work to do. The good news is this cold is killing my appetite and my mid section is getting a workout with all this coughing. :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got over the cold or whatever I had. You won't believe this but I was coughing so hard that I actually gave myself a hernia.

Now I have to go to my doctor to get set up for surgery. If it doesn't rain it po

I've been doing some dry fire. Man, reloads with a bigger mag well is a lot of fun. I don't think I can miss it.

I'm going to try to get with EK and CMV for some live/dry fire as it gets warmer. I need to work on getting a fast & accurate first shot. I'm also going to work on movement (box to box) (in and out) set up.

I still need to come up with money for bullets. This is proving to be harder than I thought it would. My wife and I are trying to get out of debt and that is taking up all my "Extra" money.

Well I got over the cold or whatever I had. You won't believe this but I was coughing so hard that I actually gave myself a hernia.

Now I have to go to my doctor to get set up for surgery. If it doesn't rain it po

I've been doing some dry fire. Man, reloads with a bigger mag well is a lot of fun. I don't think I can miss it.

I'm going to try to get with EK and CMV for some live/dry fire as it gets warmer. I need to work on getting a fast & accurate first shot. I'm also going to work on movement (box to box) (in and out) set up.

I still need to come up with money for bullets. This is proving to be harder than I thought it would. My wife and I are trying to get out of debt and that is taking up all my "Extra" money.

ME?! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

The thing about losing wieght isn't going as well as I wanted it to but I have lost close to eight pounds. The good news is that, as of tonight at midnight, I will have been without a dip for 72 hours. You may sya that isn't very long but it is forever to me. My wife said if I stay off for 3 weeks she will "allow" me to get bullets. I'm so whipped! <_<

The thing about losing wieght isn't going as well as I wanted it to but I have lost close to eight pounds. The good news is that, as of tonight at midnight, I will have been without a dip for 72 hours. You may sya that isn't very long but it is forever to me. My wife said if I stay off for 3 weeks she will "allow" me to get bullets. I'm so whipped! <_<

Three days is HUGE. That was my near-breaking point when I quit Mountain Dew last spring. If you can make it past this you should be good to go!

I bet you could get more than bullets out of her! :cheers:

Edited by E K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I can consider myself tabaco free at this point. Over a month and just mild cravings. I thought I would have a real problem being around others who were dipping but it hasn't been that bad.

Now it is time to start working on the diet. Like I said. One small step at a time.

I feel like I am being barried by my "To Do List". The planning for the state match is still going great. We need to get the final design of the shirts locked down so I can stop worrying about that. I need to get a work day set up at the range to get the equipment needs taken care of.

• 4 weeks later...

The Ohio Championship is just a couple weeks away and things are going great. We have a lot of little things to do but most of the work is done (except putting the stages together :goof: ).

My dry fire is coming along. I get it in whenever I have an hour or so to concentrate. I plan on getting a new Ipod for my workouts. My old one got soaked and has bit the dust. :angry: