Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Tactical 45 Issues

Bobby_Mac

I am having some issues with my XD Tactical .45 jamming and stovepiping with reloads. I am loading a 200 gr SWC with 5.5 grs W231. If I only put 8

rounds in the mag it seems to run fine, but if I load 13 rounds it will stovepipe and the next round in the mag will be vertical nose down. Sometimes it will just not extract the case and the slide will partially rechamber the empty case. However it doesn't do this consistantly.

Has anyone had simular issues with reloaded ammo?

I am having some issues with my XD Tactical .45 jamming and stovepiping with reloads. I am loading a 200 gr SWC with 5.5 grs W231. If I only put 8

rounds in the mag it seems to run fine, but if I load 13 rounds it will stovepipe and the next round in the mag will be vertical nose down. Sometimes it will just not extract the case and the slide will partially rechamber the empty case. However it doesn't do this consistantly.

Has anyone had simular issues with reloaded ammo?

Been There; Done that!

Check the lips on the mag. Put only one round in it and check the angle. See if the bullet touches the lips completely. Tug on the round side to side and make sure it is snug. Next, try to push up on the round while still in the mag. Push from the bullet, up.

Many times the XDs have an issue with the mags opening up which causes a jam or stove pipe. After 10k-15k rounds through my 9mm XD I figured it out.

I also have a Canyon Creek Production Ready 45 but only 1000 rounds through it. Works great! Shoots tight!

I use 230gr HP with either 4gr of Clays or 4.5gr TiteGroup