Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Videos: .22 Action Rifle match IPSC style

Aristotle

So we hosted a .22 action rifle and pistol match at our club. Basically an IPSC style match, using IDPA scoring with .22 rifles and .22 pistols. We thought it would be a cost effective match. I spent more on gas getting to the range than ammo, and I live close to the range. lol

200 round count, 7 stage match shooting my new GSG5 in "open rifle division".

Videos:

Me:

My squad shooting various conversion pistols, Glock, CZ and a Ruger .22. The other open rifle shooters were shooting modified 10/22's.

We didn't have a big turn out, but it was a very fun and different match. I'd always wondered how it would be to shoot a .22 rifle in an ipsc style stage. Well, I found out and it was a blast. :cheers:

I do love me some .22 shooty goodness. A few weeks ago I noticed a GSG 5 at the range I compete at and I WANT! Actually I am looking at the pistol verson although the longer one can now be cut down (thanks to Gemtech) and have a real can installed. I am so glad I live in a state that now allows FA and suppressors. :roflol:

Joe W.

That looks like too much fun! I've thought about trying to get something like that going around here.

After a match a few weeks ago a couple of us shot one of the stages with my GSG5 and had a blast. Poppers were set a bit heavy but 3 shots in the heads and they fell over.

Unfortunately, we can't have suppressors here. :angry2: But we can have SBR's and I have been real tempted to get the pistol version and pay the $200 for the tax stamp.

So we hosted a .22 action rifle and pistol match at our club. Basically an IPSC style match, using IDPA scoring with .22 rifles and .22 pistols. We thought it would be a cost effective match. I spent more on gas getting to the range than ammo, and I live close to the range. lol

200 round count, 7 stage match shooting my new GSG5 in "open rifle division".

We didn't have a big turn out, but it was a very fun and different match. I'd always wondered how it would be to shoot a .22 rifle in an ipsc style stage. Well, I found out and it was a blast. :cheers:

That's awesome! I'd love to do a match like that. Here's my new .22 fun gun:

IMG_3278.jpg

Krink Plinker 10/22 kit SBR with 8.5" barrel and SWR Warlock suppressor :goof:

IMG_3278a.jpg

Edited by chp5

saweeet!

From what I understand, from my not so thorough search of the laws in the state of Washington. Silencers are legal to own, but not shot. LOL

If it was legal to own AND shoot, I would have a GemTech on that gun tomorrow.

So, how do you like your Krinker?

I've thought about doing one of them but I used up my one and only 10/22 on a Nordic build. Guess I have to buy another 10/22, now. :)

That's awesome! I'd love to do a match like that. Here's my new .22 fun gun:

IMG_3278.jpg

Krink Plinker 10/22 kit SBR with 8.5" barrel and SWR Warlock suppressor :goof:

IMG_3278a.jpg

So, how do you like your Krinker?

I've thought about doing one of them but I used up my one and only 10/22 on a Nordic build. Guess I have to buy another 10/22, now. :)

IMG_3278.jpg

I love this little rifle! I bought a used 10/22 locally and the guy sold me the rifle and the krink kit for $300.

With SBR and the can, I have $400 in taxes on this gun.

The mag well is very tight on it, but the Tactical Inc. mags work great.

Edited by chp5

Keith, if you build up another 10/22 shoot me an e-mail. lol *been known to do trigger work on 10/22s* :lol:

Joe W.

Cool. Thanks. :cheers: At the very least I may be looking for some tips.

The Nordic still has a stock trigger. I was saving that for a winter project when it's -0 and I'm going (further) out of my mind. I have a hammer, dremel, and duct tape. What could possibly go wrong? :ph34r:

b

The Nordic still has a stock trigger. I was saving that for a winter project when it's -0 and I'm going (further) out of my mind. I have a hammer, dremel, and duct tape. What could possibly go wrong? :ph34r:

Sorry to drift on Aristotle's excellent thread . . .

but simply adding a Volquartson target hammer to my 10/22 dropped the trigger to 2 pounds.