Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'Hey Mom, come see the kittens'

lynn jones

A vet can remove the scent gland.

THere are people that keep them as pets.

They are affectionate and docile WHEN accostomed to humans.

They still have very sharp teeth and can inflict a nasty wound especially on little kids when they feel provoked.

I like them.......... but keep my distance.

Went to a campsite once ......a guy's dog had grabbed one in his campsite right next to his trailer.

The smell made it impossible for me to get closer than about 25-50 feet to the campsite.

If I moved closer it got noticably stronger and would trigger my gag reflex.

The dog looked like hell and was throwing up almost nonstop.

The Poor guy did not look too much better.

As far as I know hes still there, wasting away, smelling like .......skunk.

JK

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen baby skunks before. :D

I knew a lady years ago who kept a de-scented skunk as a long-term pet. It was fat 'n docile and quite accustomed to being handled and messed about by humans. It was also pretty BIG. :surprise:

We had a pet skunk for a week or two on a pet sitting gig. It was strangely adorable, friendly, and love to cuddle with you. It was basically a cat with a dogs personality. They are de-stinked, but have a musky oder that you know is a skunk but doesn't stink - actually it isn't bad at all. It was a riot to take out in public and was over all probably one of the best pets ever. They also "talk" this bizarre squeaking noise, it is wild when you first hear it. If you startle it, which is easy to do, it will try to spray you - it can't help the reflex.