Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Locked Up

Paul Burtchell

Managed somehow to get my gun locked up tighter than Dick's hatband. Just did a field strip and clean after shooting a match today. Put the barrel in, put the recoil spring assembly in with the paper clip engaged in the hole, slid the slide back and put in the slide stop pin. Slide went forward and the paper clip flew out. Now the slide will not move one way or the other.It will not budge. The gun is in battery, the trigger will drop the hammer, but the barrel looks like it is slightly down at the rear and I can not get the slide stop pin back out????

Help Please :surprise: I feel like an idiot.

Edited by baerburtchell

:surprise: It sounds like you missed the hole in the barrel link with the slide stop pin. I would try grasping the gun by the slide with the left hand and drive the right hand into the rear of the grip to dislodge. If it gives be sure to continue rearward with the slide and try to get back to slide-lock.

Bob

Ouch...that's not good.

Do you think that some of the paperclip may be still be in the guide rod....in other words, it got sheared off when the slide went forward?

Try pushing down on the barrel and see if you can get the slide to jiggle back and forth a little bit. If there's a piece of paperclip stuck in the rod and it's hooked inside the spring, it might work loose.

Check to see that the reverse plug is in the normal place and isn't slightly back in the slide, and that the guide rod isn't slightly sticking out the front.

Sorry, that's all I can think of off the top of my head as I can see Bob already mentioned the one likely culprit.

Oh, and you know this now, but I always let the guide rod extend before putting the slide back on the gun so that it can't go flying forward....just hold it in place as you put the slide on the gun. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

:surprise: It sounds like you missed the hole in the barrel link with the slide stop pin. I would try grasping the gun by the slide with the left hand and drive the right hand into the rear of the grip to dislodge. If it gives be sure to continue rearward with the slide and try to get back to slide-lock.

Bob

BINGO!!! That worked :cheers:

Thanks guys. Nothing like missing the hole ;)