Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris xtr-14

manderson2228

I did ask and was told no upgrade or new model with brighter illumination was planned. Of course sales and tech dont always talk.

It sure is a nice scope though.

:angry2: This is killing me. Wish I could get a definite answer. Of course at my company whenever a new and improved model is coming out we're not allowed to talk about in the event that it will cannibalize sales of the existing models. So wonder if that's what we're seeing here? :unsure:

Has anyone heard anything new about the burris xtr?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the demo model at the SHOT Show. It was apparently a Generation 1 model as the illuminated horseshoe faded out when I aimed it at a light in the hall. I didn't ask anyone about the next generation so I can't help there.

That's possible it was the early model but it seemed to me that a lot of the IL scopes at SHOT (not just the Burris) were dim to almost non-existant. I think the batteries were not being replaced or the scopes shut off overnight. Half of the red dots on the SIGs were completely dead. That's just being too lazy to replace batteries.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys with the XTR what is the differance in the model numbers?ie 201902 vs 201903?

Larue has a package deal that looks appealing as well but I cant tell which model they are selling/ nor the differance between the two from looking at the burris info

Slight thread drift. Anybody know anything about the Burris 1.5-6X XTR with an illuminated reticle similar to that of the 1-4 XTR, only for 7.62 (.308)? Has anyone seen one yet? I'm looking for a scope for my AR-10 and this might be it.

Edited by Stuck in C

Slight thread drift. Anybody know anything about the Burris 1.5-6X XTR with an illuminated reticle similar to that of the 1-4 XTR, only for 7.62 (.308)? Has anyone seen one yet? I'm looking for a scope for my AR-10 and this might be it.

I, too, am interested in this to mount on my FAL. I'm also considering the 1-4, which it sounds like would be better because of the true 1x. However, I'm not sure about the reticle. I guess I can just run ballistics and memorize what the tick marks mean for my .308 load.

Just some quick numbers, using the Burris reticle data and a typical 168 gr @ 2650 fps calculated with iSnipe:

marking actual (approx.)
100	   100
200	   190
300	   310
400	   440
500	   540
600	   740

Out to 300 it won't matter, and I should be able to interpolate 400 and 500. Won't see anything past that. Thoughts?

JUst received my Burris xtr. Looks pretty good. Not happy with the illumination control, cuts on and off if you don't hit the clicks just right. The illumination isn't very bright. On the plus side It has good glass, I like the reticle and seems pretty sturdy.

Yeah, I found a used XTR and took the plunge. Illumination is worthless in sunlight - not even worth turning the illumination on if it's sunny. Will try a new battery but I'm not hopeful. LOVE the reticle and the glass is nice and bright. I'm used to using an EOTech so I'll just have to see what my learning curve is for a non-illuminated reticle.

Ditto on the sunlight washout on the XTR illumination. It's really the only disappoinnment. Stoutly built with good glass and a great ranging reticle. I like the horseshoe reticle. Bracketing the flashers with the horseshoe almost makes 200 yd flashers easy!