Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris xtr-14

manderson2228

I hate you guys!!! I ordered one too. Along with the larue mount that better cook me breakfast this weekend... I need another job!

Join the club. I'm officially blaming Jack Suber for doing a gmail hypnosis thing... at least that's the story I'm telling my wife. I ordered mine this morning too.

Oh yeah, right! Weren't you the one that told me to take a look at these in the first place?

Yeah well we can both sit in the room at GA Sectional eating PB&J's wishing we were out with everyone else eating steak yelling "HEY ACHMED!! I'M A COUGAR DURKA DURKA ROWR!!!" out the window!

Oh shoot you guys are right around the corner from me too. I am in Atlanta.. We need to hook up and shoot these babies.. My rifle should be in this week too..

there will be a 3-Gun match in Charleston in November..... :devil:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just got the we regret to inform you that your order is backordered email!!

I got the same email.. Ticks me off too, because I called this morning to change the shipping method and they told me it had already been packed and processed for shipping. So, then I call back just now and they tell me that it has shipped. So, I ask why I got this message? The guy says, I am not sure but your order has been shipped. So I ask, how do you know if you don't even know who I am? After a few moments of silence, he asks for my order number... I tell him and he says, "Oh. Your order is on back order." :angry2: Well, I just ordered it from Whittakers per Chris' post. I went ahead and got the illuminated one. I had to pay $10.00 more for using a credit card. At least I know they had it because the lady said she was looking right at it.

I have done many $1000's of dollars worth of business with SWFA (I bought 100 Leupold Scopes for the Darwin Foundation in Ecuador through them several years ago, not to mention my own personal scopes) without a single issue. This ticks me off!

Well I just got the we regret to inform you that your order is backordered email!!

I got the same email.. Ticks me off too, because I called this morning to change the shipping method and they told me it had already been packed and processed for shipping. So, then I call back just now and they tell me that it has shipped. So, I ask why I got this message? The guy says, I am not sure but your order has been shipped. So I ask, how do you know if you don't even know who I am? After a few moments of silence, he asks for my order number... I tell him and he says, "Oh. Your order is on back order." :angry2: Well, I just ordered it from Whittakers per Chris' post. I went ahead and got the illuminated one. I had to pay $10.00 more for using a credit card. At least I know they had it because the lady said she was looking right at it.

I have done many $1000's of dollars worth of business with SWFA (I bought 100 Leupold Scopes for the Darwin Foundation in Ecuador through them several years ago, not to mention my own personal scopes) without a single issue. This ticks me off!

You got the same one the XTR from this other guy? I might call them too then.

You got the same one the XTR from this other guy? I might call them too then.

They're good folks out there. They will take care of you.

Chris C.

I was just out to my local "gun mall" and Whittakers has the Euro Diamond with the XTR reticle for $459.00. 270-229-0140 and they have 4 instock.

Chris C.

this isn't illuminated though right? I just called they said they didn't have any....

I was just out to my local "gun mall" and Whittakers has the Euro Diamond with the XTR reticle for $459.00. 270-229-0140 and they have 4 instock.

Chris C.

this isn't illuminated though right? I just called they said they didn't have any....

I don't think that they sold them all in one day. I was there about 5 hours ago. Ask to talk to Darrell. You might have to wait a minute because everyone wants to talk to Darrell. My box says. Euro Diamond 1x-4x-24mm XTR 5.56 Matte Black.

Chris C.

Chris C.

I don't think that they sold them all in one day. I was there about 5 hours ago. Ask to talk to Darrell. You might have to wait a minute because everyone wants to talk to Darrell. My box says. Euro Diamond 1x-4x-24mm XTR 5.56 Matte Black.

Chris C.

Chris,

Very nice lady I spoke with on the phone.

No worries I just ordered from midway.. Just about the same price with my dealer discount.. This is the last time i post in this forum.. I can't afford to post more..

SWFA said 2-3 weeks.. I wasn't hearing that noise....

Here is more full to the fire. When I called this morning, I wanted to have th scope shipped priority and the add rings if they were not included. Guy tells me the scope is already packed, processed for shipping...lie #1. So, I ask him if he has the rings, he says yes.. I place the order for those. Get confirmation email. After I called Whitticakers and ordered, I called SWFA back to cancel my order. Then I tell the guy that I still want the rings. He says OK. I ask if he can check if they have been shipped. He says, "They shipped." I asked how he could tell if he did not have an order #. So, I give him the order number. Silence for a few seconds and he said, "the rings are out of stock." Lie #2. Now I am really ticked off. That is not the way to run a business. I am drafting an email to them to let them know what I think.

Now I am just hoping to have everything by this weekend so that I can mount the scope and zero it. Won't have a chance to do it for a while.

Chris C.

They had both when I called. I went ahead and got the illuminated one. I figured that might make it easier for my son on up close stuff.

I want to have the ability to shoot 0-300 but I am concerned that the burris won't be good close up with the magnification during hoser stages...What has everyones experience been?

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but the ability to shoot from 0-300 has nothing to do with your choice in optics. I say find a scope you like, don't look for a scope to make you a better shooter. There are guys who shoot ACOGs, 3 or 4 power, who shoot just fine up close. I am leaning toward the Burris XTR myself, but a Leupold 1.5-5 looks kinda nice too.

So I should be ok with a 10x fixed scope for up close stuff then?

I think you took my post wrong. I'm basically saying try it out. If you like it use it. My point about the magnification was the same as you brought up later. You asked about the lever to adjust the magnification, and weather it would slow you down. This is what I meant about some people using fixed low power scopes. You have to find out where you want to compromise. Some people don't want to mess with variable power so they get used to shooting close up with fixed low power scopes. Like I said I wasn't trying to be an ass, just giving my observations. Sounds like you are going to give it a shot. So enjoy the new toy when it gets there. I still say the eyeball MkI is the best for hoser stages. :D

I just got mine in and boy am i impressed. I can't wait to mount it and try it out. My new lower should be here tomorrow as well as the larue mount. The glass is really clear and i think it should be fine for the up close hoser stages as well as the longer ones.. great scope.. thanks for all the advice!!

I just got mine in and boy am i impressed. I can't wait to mount it and try it out. My new lower should be here tomorrow as well as the larue mount. The glass is really clear and i think it should be fine for the up close hoser stages as well as the longer ones.. great scope.. thanks for all the advice!!

Good deal!!! :cheers:

Chris C.

Just checked UPS.....mine arrived and is sitting at the hub across town :( . Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Its killin' me.....

Just checked UPS.....mine arrived and is sitting at the hub across town :( . Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Its killin' me.....

Pshh... mine is USPS... probably next month before it gets here :(

Heads up all of you XTR guys!

I had a "problem" with both of mine. The windage and elevation adjustments were mushy in one direction and only gave a soft click in the other. Robbie Wheaton came up with the solution and it worked on both of mine. We ran the adjustments in both directions, stop-to-stop, several times and then the clicks became much more positive. If your new scope has mushy adjustments, that's the solution. Take it easy when you do it and just turn the dials, don't try to spin them quickly and slam into the stops.

I got xtr last week, it came with rings and a fast fire. I got the fast fire because it was only a little more money and it will live on my buckmark.

Last weekend i mounted it on jp ctr-02(won @ rm3g) being lazy last sunday with all the hundred yard range taken by hunter I shoot it at 25 yards. Then I

a brain fart a adjusted to hit piont of aim. Now it shoots high,like 4 feet at hundred, why??? It has been a long time since I have used a scope.

Any help would be great. :unsure:

Its here! I really like it so far. :rolleyes:

Of course, SWFA screwed up again! They only sent me one ring! One ! :angry2: I told the moron on the phone that I needed rings to mount the scope. he sent one freakin' ring!

Mine was waiting at home for me too!! :cheers:

I got xtr last week, it came with rings and a fast fire. I got the fast fire because it was only a little more money and it will live on my buckmark.

Last weekend i mounted it on jp ctr-02(won @ rm3g) being lazy last sunday with all the hundred yard range taken by hunter I shoot it at 25 yards. Then I

a brain fart a adjusted to hit piont of aim. Now it shoots high,like 4 feet at hundred, why??? It has been a long time since I have used a scope.

Any help would be great. :unsure:

Bore sight it at 10 feet so the crosshairs are 3" above the bore.

Or

If all you've moved is the elevation adjustment, center the adjuster; i.e., turn it all the way in one direction and then turn it all the way in the other counting the clicks or the turns - or count the marks - and then turn it back half way. Then shoot it at 25 FEET. The rifle should print about 3" high at 25 feet. Then zero it at 100 yards. That's the zero the XTR reticle is calibrated for.

Just got my xtr 556 last week, I have been running a accupoint, I cant wait to try it out.

I put it on with the larue spr-e same as the accupoint. Running around the backyard it is super, the one power is great and I think it is going to be fast up close. The accupoint really got me last year at Benning, just cant get the hold over right, the burris should do the trick, just have to put some time behind it and it might go to Benning this year.

Bill