Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris xtr-14

manderson2228

When I google that part number a Midway link is at the top. The status is "Discontinued by the Manufacturer"... dang it :angry2: Ah well I guess I'll have to save just a few more pennies for the Ill version.

Non-Ill Ballistic Plex at Midway - Discontinued :(

I am not sure how worthwhile it is to look for that reticle. I read that it was calibrated with a certain grain weight and everything. I get the feeling that if you use any other type of ammo that it wasn't calibrated with you will be off a bit.. If I am wrong feel free to correct me..

If you load your own you can tune the load to the reticle. I think the reticle is for a 62 grn bullet traveling @ X feet per second. I can look if you want me to.

Chris C.

You're costing me a fortune. 215 for the spr-e and now another 200 something for reloading dies.. I've already bought a stake in freddie mac, fannie mae, and AIG this month there is only so much to go around ;)

I think your right though I remember seeing the 62 gr thing now that you mention it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Euro Diamond with the XTR 5.56 reticle from Midway in July. Burris' Item " 200968-556. I don't see it on Midway tonight though. IIRC, it was around $450.

What are you guys mouting these babies on the larue spr I had kind of taken for granted that I would use the SPR until i saw the price :surprise:

219 seems awfully steep for a small chunk of metal..

Now I have to go look at the euro diamond. See what thats all about.

The one I saw today came with mounts. Some pretty hefty looking mounts, already on the tube. Each side of the ring had 3 hex screws on it....I wouldn't worry about those suckers breaking.

When I looked at them on SWFA, the version with the fast fire has the rings included in the pic. The plain version does not. So, I am assuming the rings come only with the XTR and FastFire combo.

I bought my Euro Diamond with the XTR 5.56 reticle from Midway in July. Burris' Item " 200968-556. I don't see it on Midway tonight though. IIRC, it was around $450.

What are you guys mouting these babies on the larue spr I had kind of taken for granted that I would use the SPR until i saw the price :surprise:

The one I saw today came with mounts. Some pretty hefty looking mounts, already on the tube. Each side of the ring had 3 hex screws on it....I wouldn't worry about those suckers breaking.

When I looked at them on SWFA, the version with the fast fire has the rings included in the pic. The plain version does not. So, I am assuming the rings come only with the XTR and FastFire combo.

One thing about mounts like those (nice mounts by the way) is that I couldn't get the scope far enough forward for me. The Burris has great eye relief and I just had to get it out there so I get the same cheek weld everytime. I shoot with my nose on the charging handle so it just works better for me.

Here a pic of the mount, scope, and the big nose.

post-10237-1223345102_thumb.jpg

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

The only problem it the fastfire puts you in open division and I plan on shooting in tactical...

Scope and mount picture. Not professional but you get the idea.

post-10237-1223345465_thumb.jpg

Chris C.

OK so thats the euro diamond not the xtr-14

What the heck is thing hanging off it? Will it take a few seconds off my score??

Let's a shooter go from 1x to 4x in about a second. So you can shoot the hoser stuff and go to 4x shoot some long range and if need be back to hoser mode. Usually there will be some time during the transition to allow you to do this. I made mine but it was a massive pain in the ass. Everything has to be perfect.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Jack - The one from SWFA doesn't have the EuroDiamond reticle that y'all are talking about. It's got that illuminated 5.56 reticle (that looks freakin' sweet!).

Looks like a great scope. May have to try it out after all.

Rich

ETA: Nevermind. Didn't look under the EuroDiamond scopes vs. the XTR scopes.

Edited by uscbigdawg

OK. I "pulled the trigger." I ordered an XTR-14 from SWFA. $579.00.

Good deal :cheers: Now you just have to find out what mount you want.

Chris C.

Well, I have a JP Upper with the built in rail. So, it is just an issue of the rings. I left SWFA a message to include either Leupold or Burris rings. I expect Chris at SWFA to call me tomorrow. I will let you know what I decide. Now, to keep my wife from finding out.... :ph34r:

Jack - The one from SWFA doesn't have the EuroDiamond reticle that y'all are talking about. It's got that illuminated 5.56 reticle (that looks freakin' sweet!).

Looks like a great scope. May have to try it out after all.

Rich

ETA: Nevermind. Didn't look under the EuroDiamond scopes vs. the XTR scopes.

Rich,

I spent the last 4 hours trying to find one - closeouts, etc. Burris no longer lists it so I guess it was discontinued. So, I went with the XTR14. Personally, the illumination isn't totally necessary to me. It took me a while to decide between the Euro Diamond with a German plex or this one. $100 difference for the reticle. I decided on this one since my son will be shooting it. I figure the reference marks might make it easier/quicker for him to adjust for distances rather than guessing. Hopefully, it will be here before the weekend.

I hate you guys!!! I ordered one too. Along with the larue mount that better cook me breakfast this weekend... I need another job!

Join the club. I'm officially blaming Jack Suber for doing a gmail hypnosis thing... at least that's the story I'm telling my wife. I ordered mine this morning too.

Edited by Lee King

I couldn't stand it after I looked at one yesterday. Supposedly, mine (well, let me correct myself.....I am buying this for my son's rifle ...... :devil: ) will be here Friday. I'll mount it Friday evening and play with it this weekend.

Scary thing is that my wife was sitting on the sofa next to me when I placed the order....She didn't say a word..... or question it....:unsure:<_< Not sure what that means..... Perhaps its because it is for my son's rifle....

Really....it is.....

I hate you guys!!! I ordered one too. Along with the larue mount that better cook me breakfast this weekend... I need another job!

Join the club. I'm officially blaming Jack Suber for doing a gmail hypnosis thing... at least that's the story I'm telling my wife. I ordered mine this morning too.

Great which means one of us will not get one because they are out of stock.. I am blaming that on you guys as well... ;)

I also blame Jack for spending my money, and to a lesser extent Chris.

I couldn't stand it after I looked at one yesterday. Supposedly, mine (well, let me correct myself.....I am buying this for my son's rifle ...... :devil: ) will be here Friday. I'll mount it Friday evening and play with it this weekend.

Scary thing is that my wife was sitting on the sofa next to me when I placed the order....She didn't say a word..... or question it....:unsure:<_< Not sure what that means..... Perhaps its because it is for my son's rifle....

Really....it is.....

Do it for the kids.. I love it!!!!!

Oh yeah, right! Weren't you the one that told me to take a look at these in the first place?

Oh yeah, right! Weren't you the one that told me to take a look at these in the first place?

Yeah well we can both sit in the room at GA Sectional eating PB&J's wishing we were out with everyone else eating steak yelling "HEY ACHMED!! I'M A COUGAR DURKA DURKA ROWR!!!" out the window!

Yeah well we can both sit in the room at GA Sectional eating PB&J's wishing we were out with everyone else eating steak yelling "HEY ACHMED!! I'M A COUGAR DURKA DURKA ROWR!!!" out the window!

Oh shoot you guys are right around the corner from me too. I am in Atlanta.. We need to hook up and shoot these babies.. My rifle should be in this week too..

Tee-yum, You ain't right!

I'll let John eat the PB&J's....let him earn some of this hardware I have been buying "him"....

Of course, it was Cramblit that put this 3-gun bug in John's ear.....so I can always blame him..... As far as my wife is concerned, he and Ms. Kitty could be "personas non-grata" in the Casa de Suber...

Edited by Jack Suber