Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap steel airsoft targets

ap3

I was looking for some cheap airsoft targets that would have a good ring and just on a whim tried out an old 71/4 circular saw blade and it worked great with a great ring when hit with a pellet, no drilling, no cutting. Wa-Mart sell cheap saw baldes for about $4.50 each and you can get on Ebay and buy a dozen for about $1.00 each.

Just thought I would pass this idea on.

post-108-1223163989_thumb.jpg

Edited by ap3

I use paint can lids also. They get dinged up pretty good. I going to have a bunch made out of 1/8 sheet aluminum. Aluminum rings like a dinner bell. I'll get some poppers made also on the water jet. I've got six of them now but I need some more.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 2 weeks later...

I use coffee cans.

You cut the bottom off with a can opener(leaving about 3" section of side material attached). That side material when hammered flat acts as a base and it allows the "plate" stand up.

They react great with an AirSoft hit and are free. It takes me about 1 minute to make one.

Different sized cans make different sized plates

2 pound can = just under a 6" plate

26 oz can = 5" plate

11oz can = 4" plate

If you don't want to set them up...then just cut off the whole lid and hang them under a 2" x2" with a nail. They swing like crazy when hit. The only down side to either solution is that they have very sharp edges.

Sorry about the picture.. I shoot better than I draw ---Honest !!!