Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POLL :: New Adjustable Target Sight

sinnsyk

I've lived with my "SuperSight" on my Limited gun for many years and though it may work pretty good, I have had issues and never feel I can completely rely on it. So I've started the process of manufacturing a new sight. I will also make one for the Match even though I don't shoot my Match guns I don't like those sights that much either. I've got to make at least a 100 of each so just want to get a feel for what you guys want. I know I want a better sight. State your opinions and thoughts ;-)

Edited by sinnsyk

I've lived with my "SuperSight" on my Limited gun for many years and though it may work pretty good, I have had issues and never feel I can completely rely on it. So I've started the process of manufacturing a new sight. I will also make one for the Match even though I don't shoot my Match guns I don't like those sights that much either. I've got to make at least a 100 of each so just want to get a feel for what you guys want. I know I want a better sight. State your opinions and thoughts ;-)

Count me with one for my Limited and one for my Stock

Mr.Z

My rear sight has not moved (much) since I locktited the elevation screw, but now I'm not confident in it. I like the sight picture of the Supersight and the stock fiber front sight, but I have the elevation way up to make it hit POA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My current Match sites drive me nuts, if your sight would correct, I'd line up for it. Basically, looking at two things:

1. My match shoots low with the factory sight jacked all the way up, I'm compensating, but don't like it . . .any solution to this would be great

- I've got the new Henning Fibre, so something that paired well with that would be great (POI, etc.,)

2. My outdoor range is out in the sticks , so I'm using my local ranges which are all too dark in my opinion . . . .so looking for tritium

What I'm looking for is a bit different from the other guys above, but thought I'd put it out there

Edited by DoNoHarm

The "SuperSight" on my Limited has walked the hing pin out. It has also slipped the vertical adjustment screw out of adjustment. After trying to repair the walking hing pin the actual hing pin hole cracked. Probably from too much tension being placed on the hing pin. I have replaced it with another supersight but I am not confident that it will suffer the same fate.

My current Match sites drive me nuts, if your sight would correct, I'd line up for it. Basically, looking at two things:

1. My match shoots low with the factory sight jacked all the way up, I'm compensating, but don't like it . . .any solution to this would be great

- I've got the new Henning Fibre, so something that paired well with that would be great (POI, etc.,)

2. My outdoor range is out in the sticks , so I'm using my local ranges which are all too dark in my opinion . . . .so looking for tritium

What I'm looking for is a bit different from the other guys above, but thought I'd put it out there

I to bought the henning fiber front site for my witness match but had the same problems you do. Atleast i can see a gap between the sides of the fount site. Fiber is completely to small to be of any use in doors. Went back to the range and bagged the pistol and tried to just watch the sites . Took the old site and a wet diamond stone and filed down the sides of it till the same with as the henning site and reinstalled it added a drop of orange floro paint and that fixed my problem for the short term. Was able to lower the rear site 3 clicks and place 165 grain rounds above the site, finaly. It would be nice for the non-compititive shooters to have a good Mepro/ Trijicon/Truglow type sites that just plan works. No cobbled combo of sites. I still have to black the site after polishing the sides but not a big deal. Darn sure helped. If something does happen here for a darn good site i guess a gun smith will recut my rear for something worth while. Sites are a low point for this gun and the orange flouresent plant helps indoors on the rear dots and front face.

Edited by hardluk1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dislike the newer sights that are found on the Match and Stock. Looks like they were made for carrying.

I had the elevation screw on my Supersight back out on a match. I ended up shooting high on steel plates on a Texas Star. Lost valuable time. I should have painted the screw so I can see if it's backing out.

They should make the elevation screw with a detent click like the Bo-Mar. Or at least put a set screw on the side to lock the elevation screw.

• 1 month later...

I to bought the henning fiber front site for my witness match but had the same problems you do. Atleast i can see a gap between the sides of the fount site. Fiber is completely to small to be of any use in doors. Went back to the range and bagged the pistol and tried to just watch the sites . Took the old site and a wet diamond stone and filed down the sides of it till the same with as the henning site and reinstalled it added a drop of orange floro paint and that fixed my problem for the short term. Was able to lower the rear site 3 clicks and place 165 grain rounds above the site, finaly. It would be nice for the non-compititive shooters to have a good Mepro/ Trijicon/Truglow type sites that just plan works. No cobbled combo of sites. I still have to black the site after polishing the sides but not a big deal. Darn sure helped. If something does happen here for a darn good site i guess a gun smith will recut my rear for something worth while. Sites are a low point for this gun and the orange flouresent plant helps indoors on the rear dots and front face.

Aloha Henning, new here... Like these guys I shoot a Match and am getting annoyed on the outlook of finding a decent set of sights for my needs.

I shoot mostly IDPA and am coming from Glocks and new to the Tanfoglio's and am looking for something a little different than the target-types that the Elite's come with...

Anyways, I like fixed solid sights so the gun can be carried or used for home defense if wanted, and almost impossible to break, and the best sight picture I've found for me happens to be a wider rear notch (I mean WIDE .150 - .180) paired with a front at .115 - .125 (depending on the rear notch and length of the gun). The light bar-to-front ratio ends up at about 1:2:1 (about the same ratio as Warren/Sevigny sights which sell VERY well incidentally...), and equals a great picture for fast shots with big light bars, that for my eyes, seem to want to line themselves up all by themselves when compared to sights with narrower/smaller light bars, seems like the front would "swim" in the big notch, but actually the big light bars make them easy to center and really accurate.

The particular set-up that I like best is made by Ameriglo and is a plain black serrated rear w/ a orange luminova dot in front (the luminova is brighter than fiber in daylight, glows in low light or dark with a flashlight charge, and most importantly and convenient, will never come loose or break), here's a pic (although not correct sight focus): post-21151-1256166304_thumb.jpg

So, basically just hoping you'll take the idea of maybe making a wider-notch-type sight or possibly using luminova under consideration... and at the very least please consider making a front sight that's plain black, maybe serrated, in thinner widths and taller heights than factory for those of us who find fiber to be a pain (would help greatly since guess I could take a file to a fixed factory rear... unless you made a better one of course).

I'd bet there are lots of guys out there with Match's or regular Witness models that would jump at the chance to snag a better set of sights that were comparable to what any Glock shooter can find easily and available nearly anywhere, I sure would! Poll didn't work for me, and this is an old post... but please, I hate the sights that come on the Match! Thanks!

Edited by ck1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I seem to be the odd man out here. I shoot 4 different Witness pistols: a .45 acp full-size blue, a .40 S&W Compact (small-frame w/ factory-ported bbl.), a 10mm Compact w/ ported bbl., and my latest - a .38 Super Semi-Compact (Compact bbl. & slide on a full-size frame) in which I have installed a 9mm extractor and tend to shoot 9x23 Winchester -- bbl. porting is being done at this time. Obviously, none of these are Elites or any other competition model. As far as standard iron sights go, the sights on these work pretty well. However these are my carry guns and I know that I can't rely on always having good lighting. What I (and many others, I believe) would like to have is a gunsmith who will cut the slide to fit a more easily-obtainable low-light combat sight such as the Tru-Glo or Laserlyte sights that are intended for the S&W M&P, Springfield XD, or Sig-Sauer pistols. Were this service available everyone could install whatever sights they like. Being stuck with an orphan rear dovetail and an integral front sight really makes things hard on us.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An update on the progress...

we have a prototype on the new competition rear sight for the Limited in the works. Next week I'll be giving a sight to Cha-Lee and James to test-fire to their heart's content. There's a few minor improvements I already want to make, but expect to have the new sights ready in the month of October.

And once they are through our process we'll rock'n roll on a similar design for the Match model.

So there ya go.

btw. I'm in Europe until the end of August and available by email for those who have any questions. Otherwise please contact Lori at 303.834.8289 for any questions on orders. For technical questions please call 720.352.1080 and Brad will be happy to talk with you.

A new mag release is also in the works as well with a few other things.. ;-)

;-)

Henning

Elevation screw on my Hunter broke, EAA did replace.

38Super Match came with "low Pro" adj. sights. They suck. Requires two didderent size screwdrivers, That's real smart!

9mm conversion kit came Supersight, 9mm etched in slide and #ed barrel. Haven't broken it yet! Much better than the "low pro". Had to take elevation screw out, oil. Finnally got it to work.

Henning,

To answer your question, i'll take at least one!!!

I need some Hardened parts for the 38S could you please call me or email me when you get a chance.

david