Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 (Rocky Mountain) Steel Challenge

On the 22nd and 23rd of May Pikes Peak Practical Shooters will host a Regional Steel Challenge match.

All 8 stages will be set up on separate berms. Multiple guns (no same division guns) will be allowed. The whole match can be shot in one of the two days.

Plaque match only. Sorry guys but I dont have the time or energy to beg companies for stuff and I am trying to keep the match fee low.

Your $65 match fee includes a free t-shirt and lunch Saturday. Additional guns are $30. Junior shooters under 18 are free.

Shooting will start no earlier than noon Friday and 8:00AM Saturday.

Limited to 135 shooters.

I am the MD, contact me for more details.

Edited by Tom Freeman

• 1 month later...

2009 Rocky Mountain Steel Challenge

Divisions

OPEN. Optics and porting allowed.

LIMITED. Iron sights only, no porting.

PRODUCTION/IDPA. Any pistol, mags, ammo, and holster legal for IDPA or USPSA Production. Cover garment is not required.

OPEN REVO. Revolver with optics and/or porting.

REVO. Iron sighted revolver. 6, 7 or 8 shot revo allowed.

COWBOY. Any legal SASS pistol. Funny clothes *not* required, but encouraged.

RIMFIRE PISTOL. Any rimfire pistol. Optics and porting allowed. No holster required. Start low ready.

RIMFIRE RIFLE. Any rimfire rifle. Optics and porting allowed. Start low ready.

PISTOL CALIBER CARBINE. Any pistol caliber carbine. Optics and porting allowed.

Cash payback in divisions with 10 or more shooters.

Competing in multiple divisions is allowed. No more than two different guns allowed in one day.

Only your fastest centerfire division counts for placement, plaques and cash payback.

Only your fastest rimfire division counts for placement, plaques and cash payback.

Your last shot fired stops the timer, even if you have already hit the stop plate.

Edited by Tom Freeman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The apps are starting to come in.

As I get them, I will send out confirmation emails.

To ease the pain of waiting for stages, the match staff and I are considering Open Squadding. As long as there is at least 4 people on a stage, feel free to shoot. That means a shooter, RO, painter and the guy on deck.

And for the Sportsmans Team Challenge shooters out there, come up to Pueblo and shoot with us Friday. Then head down to Raton after your done and shoot the Team Challenge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to meeting you. I take it from your avatar that you will be shooting Revo?

Still some slots left for both days. Get those apps in. I dont want to turn anyone away. And the cost goes up here soon.

Looking forward to meeting you. I take it from your avatar that you will be shooting Revo?

Still some slots left for both days. Get those apps in. I dont want to turn anyone away. And the cost goes up here soon.

Yep revolver iron.

Here's a link to decent directions:

http://www.ecouspsa.com/maps/pppsmap.html

Basically take Purcell road (west from I-25 or North from Highway 50), turn north on Platteville road, right on Cashmere and left on Loma Drive. There are signs to for Pueblo West Sportsman's Association.

If you put 600 E. Loma Drive into your GPS it should get you there.

I have caught up with the pile of apps I got in this weekend. If you mailed me an app last week or earlier and have not heard from me via email, please PM me here.

I have had a few cancelations so there is still some slots avail.

Match Sponsor Update.

As of today STI, MGM Targets, Tactical Solutions and the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition have signed up as sponsors.

Please keep these companies in mind the next time you are looking to spend some $$$. Support those that support you.

Did you forget to tell people that Juniors shoot free?

Match Sponsor Update.

As of today STI, MGM Targets, Tactical Solutions and the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition have signed up as sponsors.

Please keep these companies in mind the next time you are looking to spend some $$$. Support those that support you.