Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your all time favorite Pistol

werewolf45auto

My "favorite" always seems to be the one I don't yet own, but I'm looking to buy.

Then I get it, and the cycle starts again.

Funny thing is, none of my pistols are "better" than the Ruger MK II and 1911 I bought (used) the day I got my pistol permit (those many years ago).

The most practical and versatile gun I'd keep is one of my G35's.

The gun with the best memories would be the custom Limited P16 Dan Ruff built for me when I first got hooked into IPSC.

The one I'd take into the back country or to hunt with would be the S&W 629, with or without the 2X Leupold.

I have to admit, I don't have any really pretty guns, nor do I have any true favorites... :unsure:

Edited by kevin c

I'd like to list a half dozen.

Like favorite carry---favorite hunting big game---favorite plinker--- favorite semi-auto competition-- favorite revolver for competition etc.

But I guess the one I'd have to keep is my Colt Enhanced Officers model in high gloss stainless

It's 7 shot .45 ACP 1911 with every custom trick done to it I could dream up.

Wilson reverse recoil plug and recoil system, relibility tune, target fitted bushing, custom made and high polished thumb and grip safeties, front and rear grip checkering, night sights, commander hammer, extended and polished mag release, custom grips.... and an ultra-crisp 3 pound trigger. I had a new trigger bow made for it so I could retain the factory polished trigger.

In spite of the 3.5" barrel this little pistol shoots under one inch groups from a rest at 20 yards.

My buddy CSEMartin calls it the pimp-o-matic :P

Edited by MichiganShootist

Favorite match gun - 9mm open built by Ed Cameron. It will shoot any 9mm ammo from reloads to whitebox. Pretty too.

Favorite carry gun - Rohrbaugh R-9S. No edges, small and simple to operate. About the size of a Kel-tec .380, but it's a 9mm.

If things have gone to hell in a hand basket Mad Max style I'd like to have my full house JP rifle. Great all round rifle with the ACOG on it.

Yeah, I used to have a different screen name. I think my original screen name got connected to my new one? I don't know. Anyway, I decided I wanted my screen name to be my name instead of a strange moniker.

I have been working hard and am slowly, but surely climbing the ranks. I come here every once in a while to read a few posts. I don't have much free time though, between family, work and practice.

In the early 1990's I had at the same time a custom 1911 45acp bullseye gun and a 9mm single stack built by the late Jim Clark.

The bullseye gun had a Bomar rib and Tiger tooth stippling and was a tackdriver with 3.5 grains of Bullseye and 200 grain Bull-X lead SWC. The 9mm was just the easiest shooting gun that I've ever owned. Why oh why did I sell them....... :wacko:

Edited by baerburtchell

<---This one.

It was the first time I had stepped into the world of 2011s. In fact before I had that gun built I had never even held an STI before. I had a guy in SE Missouri build it on the recommendation of a friend. They guy did everything I asked to it. There is a thumbshield built in and it feels perfect in my hand. It has since been hard chromed. It is also super accurate I have put sub 1.5" 10 shot groups at 25 yds with it and a 4" 10 shot group at 50 yds with WWB. I had it built with the idea of shooting IDPA ESP with it but then I ended up not having a club to shoot at when I moved. I shot in limited for a while but now it is my fun gun. Sometimes I shoot it in open by just putting a big stick in it. It feeds anything including empty cases. I know I could take it to major but I just don't want to hold onto it without a comp.

I would have no reservations about taking that thing out and shooting 1,000rds and the slipping it in a carry holster without a cleaning. I can't stop the thing if I tried. That and there is something sentimental about your first full custom gun.

Mine would be my S&W Model 14-3. It's a 6" .38 Special, probably the least versatile gun I own but I shoot it better than anything else. Period. I do shoot steel with it, and I've shot a couple of USPSA matches with it, though it has disadvantages in both those games it's just a joy to shoot.

When I got it, the tag said there were the original grips in addition to the wood ones that were on it. I was a little peeved when i picked it up and the "original grips" were beat-up rubber Uncle Mike's grips, not the original magnas. As it turned out, though, the wood grips that were on it are Herrett's Jordan Trooper stocks, and not only do they fit me great, but they're worth about $100. I was a little less pissed after I found that out.

I was going to say my 38 super comp open gun built by the late Buddy Hogan at Bullseye Precision, it has been a one of kind to have never malfunctioned in a match in the 5 years I have owned it! That being said I bought my first limited class pistol on this forum used. It was built by Matt Cheely and has fast become my favorite pistol. I would like some of the features about this gun in my old open gun! Hint my open gun needs a diet! Thanks Matt for building a great gun!

I always thought "pistol" meant autoloading handgun, but I see some are including revolvers and even a few rifles.

If I limit myself to pistols I'll select one I don't have: Sig P229 in 357 Sig

If I can include any handgun I would pick two that I do own ahead of the Sig:

Pre 29 S&W 44 Magnum revolver, and;

XP100 in 7mmBR/223