Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Three Gun Carrier / Wagon

My kids have a big red flyer style wagon, although it's plasitc instead of metal and wood.

I'd like to put a rack on it to carry my shotgun and rifle for three gun matches - but be able to take it off between matches.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how well a plastic cart would hold up but the garden carts at Home Depot or Harbor Freight are really sturdy, made of steel mesh so attaching things is easy, and they are only about $50.

Whatever cart you use you could just bolt a rack on and bungee everything else down. I bungeed all my stuff to my cart for MM3gun and it did all right. Next year I think some boxes will get bolted to the frame instead.

-ld

I'm actually in the process of using a small hand-truck from Home Depot. Going to stand the long guns up the back, ammo on a lower shelf, shooting bag and cooler on the next two shelves. Maybe going to add a bar stool and some surround sound speakers and................

I have not yet obtained a rack. I just bungeed some cases to the cart, one on each side, and did the same to some bags to carry everything else. The guys from Dillon had a really cool rack that folds up when not in use and has a shelf on top. I know that they have a source for them but don't know who it is. I will find out and post it.

-ld

I started with a hand-truck from Home Depot and made an oversized plywood base which I screwed to the existing platform. The guns are muzzel up toward the front and sides of the vertical tubes on the hand truck. I bought some brackets from Cabela's which were designed to carry your gun on an ATV which work really well. Between the guns, I mounted a Dry-Box which came with a plastic tray to mount and locate it (Another ATV item). On top of the Dry-box, I bungee cord my range bar. Dry box contains bulky things like ammo and speedloaders.

this is kind of an update on the cart I started last year.... hand truck from Home Depot, bolted and stainless hose clamped a milk crate to the base....pressure treated 2x2 cross piece attached to the down tubes with pipe straps...4 heavy duty rubber coated screw in "U" brackets for barrel rest (like you would hang a lawn rake from) to cross piece....gun butt separators from 1/2 inch PVC pipe and "T's" (just fits thru the holes in the crate) to front edge crate to provede "lean" for long guns, added an additional piece of PVC pipe same distance back to provide a storage space for 4 boxes of shotshells to rear of crate...50cal ammo box attached to back side of cart, on stand off aluminum box tubing to provide clearance for working the lid (I tried to utilize the existing strapping of the cart, and didn't want to drill thru any tube, so the bottom aluminum tube should be located first before any holes are drilled, in can or straps)....a RubberMaid tray approx 6x6x24 is "U" bolted to the upper tubes inside the loop handle to provide a working shelf.... a couple of long 1/4 bolts bent with an "L" end are fastened thru the strapping below the shelf and hold the carry strap of a soft sided cooler....a heavy duty bungee is permanently "U" bolted to one side of the tubing to provide lockdown strap for barrels.... the removed hook is re bent and goes on one of the mounting "U" brackets for the top tray to hang the CamelBack on....a couple of extra bungees run down the back to tie down the cooler, and a couple of camp chairs that ride on top of the ammo can on occasion....yes the muzzles point at you, but I dont have a problem with that.... you could make a stand off handle if need be... the cart is still an on going project....regards Les