Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Versa Magazine Pouches w/ 1911 Single Stack?

crabby

Need to buy 1911 Single Stack Magazine Pouches. If I can't find some used ... I will probably buy 6 new ones.

QUESTION #1: Can someone tell me if the New CR SPEED VERSA MAGAZINE POUCHES will work with 1911 SINGLE STACK MAGAZINES? I know that they come with different spacers ... but I don't know if they include spacers for Single Stack Mags.

QUESTION #2: Also, I assume that the CR SPEED VERSA MAGAZINE POUCHES are USPSA SINGLE STACK LEGAL? Is this correct?

Thanks,

David

Edited by crabby

1. Yes although the correct insert needs to be mounted sideways. If you have new pouches there should be a set of instructions included on a separate piece of paper. It is no more difficult than installing any of the other inserts and works very well with SS mags.

2. Yes as long as they are positioned on the belt per the rules.

1. Yes although the correct insert needs to be mounted sideways. If you have new pouches there should be a set of instructions included on a separate piece of paper. It is no more difficult than installing any of the other inserts and works very well with SS mags.

2. Yes as long as they are positioned on the belt per the rules.

Thanks so much for the information!

David

They do work for 1911 mags however they just were not working for me from the start. By not working I mean that they buged me the way the mags fit in the pouch. I do Think their great if you are running alot of different guns for example one week your shooting Single Stack and the next week your going to shoot production then a few months latter 2011. They are as they say "Versa" pouches.

I just sold three to fiance dedicated 1911 pouches.

Just my 2 cents, they work well for alot of people but if you need many as Single Stack would require their are alot of dedicated 1911 pouches for 2/3 the cost of one Versa.

Again just my 2 cents

Hello: Try some Safariland 771's or 773's. Or mix and match them on your belt. I just did not like the way the CR Speed worked with the single stack mags. The mags kinda flopped around a bit and I was afraid of dropping some mags. I never did but just like the Safarilands better. Universal Shooting Academy has some nice mag holders as well. I have not tried them but they look good. Comp-Tac make a good looking quad holder as well as Blade Tech. I have tried quite a few mag holders but have found it really depends on your build and what you prefer. You have to have a CR Speed belt though :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 4 weeks later...

I do mine different and will try to get a picture up tonight.

I use the biggest spacer without the tab. And I put a bolt between the mag pouch body and the pad and it works out great. Just enough thread to keep it on there securely. I've been running it for over a year with no problems.

• 1 year later...

BTT because I'm trying to get Francisco's versa pouches to work with skinny gun mags. Although the CZ website indicates these work with 1911 mags the instrutions included are not clear (at least to me) on how to accompish this. Do I really need to fabricate homemade spacers or what's included with the pouches is enough?

Edited by Nemo

There is a picture posted on here somewhere showing which spacers to use. I searched for it and can't find it.

Chuck used to have a picture on his website but since his new website is up I can't find it. Maybe he still has it somewhere. I'll ask.