Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match is about half full as of 4/4/09, two months out. May 15 is the last day for the $100 entry, goes to $125 for any remaining slots after that date. One squad is full and lots have yet to make a self-squadding selection.

Edited by NMCOpen

Since this is my first time going to this match can I get some advice on what kind of attire to bring? Is it hot and clear skys most of the time or is there chance of rain, wind or other stuff like that. I have been to Abq quite a few times before in the summer time and I know that freak rain storms can roll in quickly and come down with significant force. So other than being prepared for possible rain, what else should I be ready for?

Early June in Albuquerque is generally mild. Cool mornings and warm day. Strange things have happened though. Pack a good coat and some tops to layer up in if necessary. Pants and shorts will cover you on the lower half. Keep in mind that Albuquerque is at 5000' in elevation. Sun screen is a must.

CYa,

Pat

Rod; I see we have 2 GMs in Open. If we get 1 or 2 more will you turn this in to Sedro?

Pete C

The match results go to USPSA as part of match fees/mission count. So the answer is it's going, regardless of how many GM's sign up.

cya

TaterHead> I think that the question is not whether the results will be posted on USPSA but instead, will the results count against your classification on the USPSA website. I think you need a minimum number of GM's participating in a division before your results count as a classification entry. What the GM count is to make it count, I don't know. I would assume at least 5 - 6.

TaterHead> I think that the question is not whether the results will be posted on USPSA but instead, will the results count against your classification on the USPSA website. I think you need a minimum number of GM's participating in a division before your results count as a classification entry. What the GM count is to make it count, I don't know. I would assume at least 5 - 6.

As I understand this, it is not up to me to ask for this to be counted for classification or not. We post to USPSA. If it meets their criteria for Gm's to be counted as a 'classified" match, then they will do do. I could be wrong, but I have never asked them to "count this". I f someone has better info, then please advise.

Thx, Rod

www.stagescore.com

As I understand this, it is not up to me to ask for this to be counted for classification or not. We post to USPSA. If it meets their criteria for Gm's to be counted as a 'classified" match, then they will do do. I could be wrong, but I have never asked them to "count this". I f someone has better info, then please advise.

Thx, Rod

www.stagescore.com

Thanks Rod, just have to see happpens. See you in a couple of months........Pete :cheers::cheers:

Hello: I hope to make this match since I will be living in Albuquerque by then I hope. Looking at houses now and plan to be moved by the end of May after the kids are out of school. Looks like a fun match by the stage designs. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I hope to make this match since I will be living in Albuquerque by then I hope. Looking at houses now and plan to be moved by the end of May after the kids are out of school. Looks like a fun match by the stage designs. Thanks, Eric

Let me be the first to welcome you and look forward to shooting with you.

Hope things go well for your move. I'm from Phoenix and haqve been shooting the Classic for about five years. Everyone associated with the Classic is top notch and you will enjoy shooting there on a regular basis. Good luck on the move.

Pete

Hello: Thanks guys for the support :cheers: I have to move some cars and some machines which will be the hard part. Everything else should be easy :roflol: The match may be just the ticket to take the edge off the move. Now I have to decide what to shoot :surprise: Thanks, Eric

Jason,

Are you going to shoot with Eddie, myself and the rest of the AZ Boys?

I'd like to. Me and Mouret are driving over together so we'll squad together and we'll probably also squad with Glenn & Carol. You guys should man up and shoot with us. JimmyM may shoot with us also.

Edited by jasmap

Come on Jason, shoot with us. I promise I won't do all the walkthroughs against the flow this year.

Okay, I may not be telling the complete truth here but shoot with us anyways!

I thought you guys were afraid of my reshoots.

Edited by jasmap

Jason,

I talked to Eddie and he says it is on!! Plus Rick should have his new open gun from Eddie C. by then and I have heard through the grapevine that he is putting a C-More on instead of his 1985 style Aimpoint. Now we can listen to 10 stages of the ever entertaining "Where's the Dot" scream followed by soft whimpering.