Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

when did you notice you ...

safenate

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 15 and 25, I visualized a stopped, centered sight alignment, with the sights primary. At 5 and 7, I saw more of "all of everything." More like the sights, not necessarily primary, pointed into the A box.

be

To give folks a chance to actually visualize the 4 distances, you might edit your post like this:

If I ask, what do you need to see at 5, 7, 15 and 25 yds to get an A hit and asked you to visualize it (pause and visualize all 4 distances before reading on...

how many here just had an image of a perfect sight picture on the center of an A zone?

Time is treachery.

I'm sitting here typing. Occasionally, I'll pick up a cup of hot coffee and take a sip. No hurry......... What would happen if I tried to pick up that cup of hot coffee and take a sip and set it back on the desk as fast a humanly possible, faster than any other Limited Master on the forum today? It sounds crazy, but that was pretty close to my mindset for many years when I started shooting a stage. I had to worry about the other competitor and how fast he or she was going to burn the stage. I was trapping myself in either the recent past or the near future, total insanity. I don't mean to imply that I have this issue totally mastered, it still wants to writhe into my psyche.

By remaining attentive to the facts, I notice much more, my sights, the feel of the ground under my feet, targets appearing before me, the smell of gunpowder, my mind doesn't wonder.

My problem lately seems to be the opposite. Aiming TOO MUCH at targets at that distance. Which is basically the same thing....

For me its the targets with the side of the targets covered with hard cover(Only the A Zone). If the targets were all full I can buzz by the with A hits but cover the outsides and I tend to pull it into the hard cover if not slowing. :angry2:

Edited by Silver_Surfer

• 2 weeks later...
Is this a typo or a profundity?

It's not a typo, Duane. :cheers:

But, maybe it is a bad pun. A wandering mind, to me, implies aimlessness. (Oh no, another bad pun?)

While a wondering mind would be busy questioning, instead of simply observing the facts and acting upon them.

Sometimes that voice that questions, comments, speculates, and then judges, is a shooters worst enemy.

Like Larry says, "Gitt'er done!"

While a wondering mind would be busy questioning, instead of simply observing the facts and acting upon them.

Sometimes that voice that questions, comments, speculates, and then judges, is a shooters worst enemy.

That is a great summary from The Inner Game of Shooting Tennis.