Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone shooting an XD in open?

jmleenz

Just curious If anyone here is shooting an XD or the new XDm in open? Over at XDtalk.com there are a few but really not that many. I realize Glocks dominate the polymer open segment but the XDs might be a viable option. Pictures? Links?

We have made some, but have been waiting for some more sight options (as the sight we have been using is hard to get and expensive) before doing them on a bigger scale. Carver will have a C-More mount out shortly and we have the comps done already. I have 6" Barsto and Pistol Gear barrels in stock to so you can go 4" or 5" so you should see more open XD's popping up in the near future.

post-1255-1221716799_thumb.jpg

Edited by Loves2Shoot

The Open XDs shoot pretty nice. The final version of the comp Scott designed works really well. I was expecting a lot of recoil and muzzle flip, but comp keeps the gun very flat and no problem tracking dot, even with the smaller doctor/jpoint lens.

I have a video of Scott shooting one of his Open XD he built.

Open XD in action

When doing a an Open XD make sure you have the proper amount of chamber support for the case and use good quality brass. If you ever have a case failure, chances are you won't have a usable frame left.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

I have an hs2k w/ 6 ports, jpoint, magwell, and a trigger job. Done open on the cheap! I shoot steel more than anything else, so most of my loads are factory, and soft handloads. Most shooters who encounter the gun remark on the noise, and are impressed w/ how easily the transition is made. I love this little gun.

• 1 month later...
I have an hs2k w/ 6 ports, jpoint, magwell, and a trigger job. Done open on the cheap! I shoot steel more than anything else, so most of my loads are factory, and soft handloads. Most shooters who encounter the gun remark on the noise, and are impressed w/ how easily the transition is made. I love this little gun.

Need pic's, many, many pic's please