Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Metal grips for 2011s

G-ManBart

G-Man are you sure the plastic will be standard-grip-?

I ordered a SV last month and was told I had to go with

the CNC as then new guns are not avail. with old grips?

I was just going off what they told me at the booth at Nationals. Did they pop you for the $400 upcharge for the CNC grip?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hanging weight off the bottom of the grip isn't the same as the weight in your hand. The metal grip will transfer the effects of what is felt when it fires compared to polymer. Some will like it others won't, it's up to the individual shooter to determine what they like. In the beginning we were told you couldn't modify the polymer grip and look what has happened. The metal grip can be modified also to conform to a shooters grip just give it time and it will happen.

Rich

Edited by RIIID

It is my understanding that STI has the rights to the plastic grip and when the founders split SV had an agreement to use the plastic grip for a certain amount of time. I think this is the reason for the new SV grip. I applaud SV for trying to improve on great design and I am sure it will work out - although a little pricey it seems to make the buyers happy so far!

G-Man, I was informed that the grip will be available in several different sizes they will have a small grip that is smaller than the original, a normal, a large grip and the signature grip. I have held the large grip and it is a larger than the plastic grip. I purchased the signature grip and it is a different in feel but so far I like it.

G-Man, I was informed that the grip will be available in several different sizes they will have a small grip that is smaller than the original, a normal, a large grip and the signature grip. I have held the large grip and it is a larger than the plastic grip. I purchased the signature grip and it is a different in feel but so far I like it.

That's cool...definitely nice to have some options. Still....$350 on top of somewhat pricey guns to start with is a little painful!

That's cool...definitely nice to have some options. Still....$350 on top of somewhat pricey guns to start with is a little painful!

Yeah, I hear ya there, but I will say that any time I call SV, I get positive results. Brandon typically meets or beats the time he says and has stood behind his product impecably. Sometimes he covers things that maybe he should not or doesnt have to but does anyway and that has been the single reason why I switched from STI. I agree that 400-600 for a grip is expensive but I can justify it if it is the gun I shoot the most.