Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open / L-10 Nats Banter

Squad 32's first shooter Thursday had a logged time of 4:11 PM. Thassa long wait from a 1:00 start time.

We did manage to barely squeak out all our stages for the day, although stage 1 was pretty dark.

This morning we showed at 7 and shot until we dropped.. actually until the afternoon squads got too pissy ;) and made us stop @ 1:30. We hit 9 stages.

If anybody shoots the entire match today, they'll have a big advantage if it rains tomorrow-- we have the big 4 left (11-12-13-14) and I've heard several others only have 2 stages left. IIRC the squads this afternoon were asked to be there at 7 tomorrow, and we were asked to be there at 10.

ah well, it's still mostly fun. <_<

Pictures posted over in the Gallery.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IIRC the squads this afternoon were asked to be there at 7 tomorrow, and we were asked to be there at 10.

We (squad 34) didn't get the word to show at 1000. I had planned on showing about that time but we probably won't have much of our squad there. Maybe the motivation of the ROs to knock this match out will get us shooting early, full squad or not!

You all are probably aware of this but I thought I would repeat it here. This was posted on the results page at 1709 CDT

Attention Competitors:

Saturday morning shooters report to the range at 7:00 a.m. to begin shooting at 7:15 am to resume shooting your morning stages. Squads 20-36 please be on the range at 10:30 a.m. to compleete your assigned stages.

Best of luck,

Chuck

That is nice. I hope that message gets to all the folks without internet access (or internet...interest...) :)

My squad got dismissed today by impatient RO's who started the afternoon squad early (at 1240 instead of 1300), and I am not sure who has a computer (or where they are all staying, beyond a couple in a RV park somewhere) and will thus get that late-posted message :ph34r:

Alex

Edited by Wakal

My squad (6), finished shooting at 7:30. We shot two stages that we were due to shoot tomorrow morning. I don't think anyone could have shot all remaing stages today. We were held up for a while on one stage due to multiple REF's. Mud was over 6" deep on more than one stage.

We were told by Ray Hirst to be on the range at 7am but I'm not sure if all squads were given the message before they left the range. We have four stages left tomorrow morning, with a bit of luck we can get those done before 10am provided the weather is not too bad.

Edited by BritinUSA

I just heard from jimbob_texas' Twitter that TGO got DQ'ed?!?

Not according to the results, he is at 92% with all stages complete.

Looks like Brad has shaken all the International Pistol cooties off and is shooting one hell of a match. Maybe, he can shake up a few things at the world shoot. Hopefully the AMU will leave him on the Action Shooting team.

Edited by Sestock

Sevigny wins L10.

No idea about Open.

Shanon Smith still has four stages not entered (11-14) and I think that's enough points that it could be really close. R,

Quick math shows he needs 545 points to win, and he had 555 left to shoot. If he wins the four stages, he could do it.

Smitty.... hmmm.... he says he smoked 11, but had a NS on 12 (or 13?) and survived 14... So...

Smitty and the rest of squad 32 were the last squad off the range, Jamie (Alamoshooter) fired the last shot of the 2008 OL10 nats about 4:40 PM.

I think there will be lots of stories about this one. Kudos to the RO's and other help that kept on ticking through this.

David C

I have two pairs of boots to give away to a good home...

Looks like Brad has shaken all the International Pistol cooties off and is shooting one hell of a match. Maybe, he can shake up a few things at the world shoot. Hopefully the AMU will leave him on the Action Shooting team.

Spoke with Brad while watching the Super squad finish finial stage. When I asked if he moved to the Action Shooting Team. He said, "I am on loan for the World Shoot and then will be moving back to International Pistol".

Junior Shooter Shane Coley DQ'ed on stage 18. Broke the 180 going to the last port when he slipped in the mud. Half way through the stage the rain started coming down. Was clear most of the morning. Chris Tilley had a NS on this stage due to the down pour.

Have some Video of the SS on their final stage (stage 14) Mud pit, but do not have any way to download from the camera at this time. Must have been at least 4-6 inches of mud and water in the shooting area.

There was a lot of jumping around in order to get the match completed before it starting raining, Some of the PM shooters did not get the notice to show at 10:30. RO's would basicly run anyone that showed on a stage they needed to shoot. Almost made it.

When I left then range at 4:30 PM there was still 1 or 2 squad shooting, so results should be up soon.

MDA