Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open / L-10 Nats Banter

It rained from 8:30 until about 15:00 at the range. Mud is a couple of inches deep in places. As I left the range it was starting to rain again. We finished at 15:30, we were supposed to finish at 11:30.

I didn't get to see any of the top shooters as I just wanted to get clean and dry after a long first day.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it with the stages this year. one stage takes forever to run. I know that two squads on the first day of LPR had to shoot after lunch because of the backup and some finished up at 7:00 or later

It rained from 8:30 until about 15:00 at the range. Mud is a couple of inches deep in places. As I left the range it was starting to rain again. We finished at 15:30, we were supposed to finish at 11:30.

I didn't get to see any of the top shooters as I just wanted to get clean and dry after a long first day.

Yeah, I shot a couple of stages during an absolute deluge of water....just nasty. Soaked to the bone and that was with rain gear.

Note, I saw a fair number of standing reloads from some really good L-10 guys who ran the gun empty today. Heck, I even saw an Open GM run his gun empty :surprise:

What is it with the stages this year. one stage takes forever to run. I know that two squads on the first day of LPR had to shoot after lunch because of the backup and some finished up at 7:00 or later

That was stage 11. I know as I had to reshoot it 3 times. I was about halfway thru on the stage and each time was stopped for a Range Failure. I went down 2 spots to reload and recompose myself and I'll be darned if the next man didn't have the same issue. Anyway, it was a flipper target that failed on us. When we got to the stage there was a backup of 2 squads. After this stage we flew thru. My thanks to all the hard working and long suffering RO's.

My squad started on stage 6 and there were two of the drop out targets. They had problems getting them to work with the plastic bags on them. About 3/4 through our squad they changed the setup of those targets so they would come out on one side and stay there rather than appear on the other side.

All of us that had shot it before the rework had to reshoot it.

The afternoon squad definitely had the advantage today. We didn't start shooting till about 2:10 PM. We shot one stage with the bags and they came off and never went back on. It was still wet and muddy but very little rain. Of course I still shot like a tard. I kept trying to lower the hammer on my SV like I do on my CZ.

So...rainy..20% chance in Tulsa on Thursday! 100% chance of drowned rats!!

Does anyone know is there a way to access the palm system online. I thought that I had read that there was a way to track your progress, or others progress online, however, I can't seem to find where!

Thank you in advance for your help!

I have to confess. It was me who broke Stage 12 this morning. :rolleyes:

There are two full size poppers and one U. S. popper located in the shallow lake in the left rear of the bay. The shooter before me hit one of the large poppers and the one next to it fell also. When my turn came the same thing happened and the RO yelled "stop."

As near as we can figure, the wave caused by the bullet splatter and the first popper beginning to fall were enough to trip its next door neighbor. The Mr. Fix It squad was called and had to build some short platforms for all three poppers as well as some 6" high wooden blocks for them to fall on. They did yeoman's service working in the pouring rain for well over an hour until the reconstruction was finished.

It was a real frog strangler this morning with the targets being bagged after the first 15 minutes or so of the session and staying that way until we finished at around 2:45 or over two hours late.

I'm on Squad 7. We had two no shows and one DQ so we're down to eight water rats. Where is Aquaman when we need him? :)

While it was tough on the shooters, I really feel for the ROs and scorers who had to battle Mother Nature and her mud bog all day. They are my heroes! :cheers:

After the session, I went back to the hotel and climbed into the shower with all my clothes on. There was so much mud and gerbil bedding chips that washed off that the drain plugged. I have the hair dryer sitting in my shoes on high heat hoping that they might be dry in time for tomorrow afternoons session.

Damn, life is good! :roflol:

Edited by XD Niner

I was very happy to be wearing waterproof combat boots today :)

Supposed to start at 1300 and shoot until 1700...started at 1500 and left the range (one stage short) at 1945. Got backed up behind some of the morning squads, some of whom seem to be unclassifed in "taping." Interesting. No advantage to the afternoon squads, as it rained off and and on all afternoon...too... Poor Limited-Clinton guys and their mud-filled mags :roflol:

I'm hoping for TT to run two for two :cheers:

Alex

I was very happy to be wearing waterproof combat boots today :)

Poor Limited-Clinton guys and their mud-filled mags :roflol:

Us Glock guys don't have to worry about that, or water on our scopes! And I know for a fact that there is no such thing as waterproof combat boots!

Edited by Unleashed

Eddie, Tony, Henning, Chad and the rest of my bros, I was so bumming that I wasn't there with you I figured I would do my bit to at least be there with you in spirit.............

PICT0044.jpg

edited because I still can't spell...

Edited by Neomet

Eddie, Tony, Henning, Chad and the rest of my bros, I was so bumming that I wasn't there with you I figured I would do my bit to at least be there with you in spirit.............

PICT0044.jpg

edited because I still can't spell...

That is by far the best one, LOL. :roflol::roflol:

PICT0044.jpg

Pretty funny, but...For the full experience you need two more shower heads on full blast with cold water and 3 inches of mud in your tub to slide back and forth in. The folks that shot the afternoon squads, despite the waiting around, had much better shooting conditions. I'm not joking when I say that it was raining so hard at one point, it was hard to see a 25 yard target. And even with the "animal bedding," it was like shooting on ice skates as you'd slide into a port, not run and stop.

It's sunny this morning and 75 degrees. So the luck is continuing for yesterday's PM squads. With any luck, the range is draining well enough to prevent any problems with the forthcoming rain. I shoot this afternoon and I'm bringing the goretex hiking boots again....55-40% chance of rain....Where's my snorkel?

PICT0044.jpg

Pretty funny, but...For the full experience you need two more shower heads on full blast with cold water and 3 inches of mud in your tub to slide back and forth in. The folks that shot the afternoon squads, despite the waiting around, had much better shooting conditions. I'm not joking when I say that it was raining so hard at one point, it was hard to see a 25 yard target. And even with the "animal bedding," it was like shooting on ice skates as you'd slide into a port, not run and stop.

It's sunny this morning and 75 degrees. So the luck is continuing for yesterday's PM squads. With any luck, the range is draining well enough to prevent any problems with the forthcoming rain. I shoot this afternoon and I'm bringing the goretex hiking boots again....55-40% chance of rain....Where's my snorkel?

+100 Not enough water!!! I was shooting pretty good and I am going to contribute at least one mike to the rain. I couldn't see a thing!!

Adios,

TG

Beautiful weather today (Friday)! My squad picked up the stage we didn't get to shoot (before dark) last night, shooting through lunch until the afternoon guys showed up.

Tomorrow, however, the weather sites say "100% chance" of rain for Saturday, with the bonus of 30mph winds and occasional thunderstorms just to mix things up. I wonder if today's afternoon squads (yesterday's morning squads) will shoot until dark and try to finish the match today :)

Alex

Beautiful weather today (Friday)! My squad picked up the stage we didn't get to shoot (before dark) last night, shooting through lunch until the afternoon guys showed up.

Tomorrow, however, the weather sites say "100% chance" of rain for Saturday, with the bonus of 30mph winds and occasional thunderstorms just to mix things up. I wonder if today's afternoon squads (yesterday's morning squads) will shoot until dark and try to finish the match today :)

Alex

Dah