Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ted McVey Jr 1926-2008

DanM

Today, my Grandfather passed away. They don't make 'em like that anymore. He was as tough as the Sherman he drove in WWII. The reason I post this here is because he is the reason I am involved in the shooting sports today. He was a FANATICAL trap shooter and started me with a shotgun at age 7. I shot a bit of trap and clays but when I found USPSA shooting, I fell in love and he did everything he could to encourage that relationship. He was also a rabid duck hunter and the ducks of California will fly a little lower with him gone. He was also one hell of a fisherman and taught me many lessons including how to clean a fish and how to mix a proper Kenai Kocktail. Grandpa, I love you very much and I'll miss hearing all of those stories again and again.

This shot of Yukon Jack is for him

"PULL"

Love

Dan

Edited by DanM

• 2 weeks later...

I think of my Grandfather everyday. He too taught me how to shoot. I still have his guns. Here's a Yukon Jack salute to the generations that made our country great. I look at the last few, mine included, and see that those can't hold a candle to the great ones.

The pain will linger, but the loss is temporary. One day the universe will be our playground. Guess that's why God made it so big.

Today, my Grandfather passed away. They don't make 'em like that anymore. He was as tough as the Sherman he drove in WWII. The reason I post this here is because he is the reason I am involved in the shooting sports today. He was a FANATICAL trap shooter and started me with a shotgun at age 7. I shot a bit of trap and clays but when I found USPSA shooting, I fell in love and he did everything he could to encourage that relationship. He was also a rabid duck hunter and the ducks of California will fly a little lower with him gone. He was also one hell of a fisherman and taught me many lessons including how to clean a fish and how to mix a proper Kenai Kocktail. Grandpa, I love you very much and I'll miss hearing all of those stories again and again.

This shot of Yukon Jack is for him

"PULL"

Love

Dan

Sounds like one of the best grandfather could ever have!! my prayers to your family!!