Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Radio Shack and iGo

benos

I'm running around a shopping mall today, trying to find a wall charger for my girlfriend's cell phone. (It's been lost for a few days.) Her phone is approaching antique status, so of course no one has one. Finally a guy at a kiosk tells me to check Radio Shack. And man I happy he told me that. Check out the iGo. It charges everything, by using different "tips." Cameras, iPhones, iPods, every kind of cell phone there is, and a whole boatload of other electronic gadgets. As I'm checking out, the sales girl mentions something about car chargers. Which triggers my brain that my cell phone charger is dead in the water. Then she tells me you can buy both the car and the wall charger as a combo deal for 40 bucks. And you get one tip for free. So I get the combo deal and a tip for both our phones for about 50 bucks. So now when we go on a trip, we take that setup and we can charge both our phones in the hotel room or the car.

(I'm sure there's companies offering similar products, probably cheaper than Radio Shack. But I was so happy to get it all at Radio Shack, I don't care.)

And also, since I started a Hate thread on "modern day packaging" - I'm happy to report that the packaging for the iGo and the tips was brilliant. You can easily slide the package apart, check the tip in your phone, and put it back in the packaging again, and the packaging doesn't like it was attacked with a chain saw. There cheers to Radio Shack and iGo.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

be

I second that! I visited the states last year and forgot my tavel ac converter so went to radio shak to find a converter but all was for US to go abroad and not for foreigners visiting the US.. Anyway I go the iGo stuff for my phone & pda and haven't looked back since. Great stuff.

+1

I used to travel every few weeks with my previous job. I picked up the iGo while on a trip where I forgot my cell phone charger. Within a few months I had tips for cell phones (personal & business), Bluetooth headset; PDA, digital camera, iPod, and my wife's cell phone. All the tips and the charger (with wall, car, and airplane plugs) fit into a small case that stayed in my work satchel.

When my wife and I went on a trip to Europe, we picked up a Targus world-wide AC plug adapter kit, and we were set to go without worrying about 20 chargers and cords.

The iGo site has a complete cross reference for the tips, and most of them are around $10.00 each -- a lot cheaper than a spare charger!

How many different voltage settings does it have?

It doesn't offer any way to adust the voltage. Maybe somehow it magically senses the device, and knows. I have no clue. Maybe check the site (linked in my first post) out - I didn't have time to click through it yet.

be