Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM verses XD

1911vm

The M is the way to go in the XD line, given a choice between the original or the new M. The XD's are a better built gun in design and material than the M&P in my opinion. The M's can be tuned and customized like the rest of the XD line.

Rich

The M is the way to go in the XD line, given a choice between the original or the new M. The XD's are a better built gun in design and material than the M&P in my opinion. The M's can be tuned and customized like the rest of the XD line.

Rich

I guess I should have explained better. I have not tried a M&P PRO but when I tried a 4in M&P next to my 5in XD tactical I liked the XD. But I do not like the XD as a carry gun, the slide is to wide and is uncomfortable for inside the pans. So I was back to the M&P. Now I have XDM as an additional choice. But I do not know how too properly compare them.

Thanks Vlad

I have a XD(M) that I bought for Limited Class & 5" Tactical 40 for Steel & Production at some point.

I would not use the XD(M) as a carry gun for "inside the pants", as even more broad than the XD.

As for side-by-side shooting comparisons, my XD(M) is excellent, but it has been upgraded by Springer Precision. Barsto barrel, trigger work, Dawson sights, & grip stippling all added. Gun comes up faster than the 5" (it obviously should). Others with a stock XD(M) like the features over the XD. http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-m-discussion-room-xd-m/

XD has also had trigger & sight work done by SP, so it is very good compared to a stock XD.

Rich

Rich, What the differences? (I've been to the website and watched the video clips featuring Robbie. Is there some inside stuff too?)

Rich

Rich, What the differences? (I've been to the website and watched the video clips featuring Robbie. Is there some inside stuff too?)

"Match grade barrel" per springfield

shorter trigger reset

increased capacity

interchangable backstraps

different texture on the frontstrap

4.5" barrel

more cross slots on rail

different sights

different case(more beefy)

I am sure I am forgetting a few.

Edited by Flexmoney

Did the new rule book clear up (take away) the question of milling the slide for Production?

APPENDIX D4 — Production Division

21 Authorized modifications (Strictly limited to these items and their stated guidelines)

•Slide – refinishing. Milling of slide – only as required to insert sights.

I know that the 5in XD's in 9mm...when load to mousefart (but legal) levels, ran better with lightened slides.

The XDM slide looks even beefier, which would seem the wrong way to go. I just wondered if it was, or if that was address in some way?

Flex,

In #21 Authorized mods, the first line states "Internal throating and polishing to improve accuracy, reliability and function."

So I guess one can throat and polish some weight off internally and still be legal.

On the M there is a lightening cut in the slide that normal 40 cal slides don't get. Other than that there isn't much weight that can be removed internally to make a noticeable change. External cuts will loose weight that can be noticeable. A typical coffin cut will loose a half of an ounce.

Rich

Flex,

Will have my XD(M) at Saturday's match. This one has hardchromed slide with 3 circuts in top of slide more for balancing & incorporates Don's oversize guide rod with integrated 20-lb. recoil spring.