Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benos Members, They're Everywhere!

JimmyZip

Time and again in hotels I've visited over the past year in AZ, CA, and CO as I've signed on to the forum, is that some other member has been on that computer. You can tell because in the password box is the dots signifying that a previous mamber has signed on while on vacation. WHILE ON VACATION! We can't even stay away while enjoying time off. I always wonder which of you were there before me. :huh:

Heck, Laptops are to big. I have and Enos forum icon on the first page menu of my iphone. I carry the forums in my pocket with me everyday. When I get bored in class I surf the forums on my phone. I haven't had to do it at a match yet but that is more related to the fact that I try to distance myself from the scores at a big match and just shoot without worrying myself with other info. Besides, not all hotels have WiFi and I can usually get cell service to read the forums. I guess it would be too much to ask to get a cell friendly version of the forums so I take what I gets and I am happy doing it.

Apparently they weren't in the hotel I was at near Ningbo, China.

So, for those that don't know, China is a little bit communist. One night I'm over there and I can't sleep so I hit a "public" pc to surf the web. Lots of web sites don't come up for this reason or that reason. But BE.com did. I recall even sending a post from over there.

Honestly, I doubt you could access from China today. They keep pretty tight controls. And I haven't been back since so I don't know if I've been flagged or not. Interesting though.

That hotel was a shit hole. I'm glad none of you have stayed there.

J

Time and again in hotels I've visited over the past year in AZ, CA, and CO as I've signed on to the forum, is that some other member has been on that computer. You can tell because in the password box is the dots signifying that a previous mamber has signed on while on vacation. WHILE ON VACATION! We can't even stay away while enjoying time off. I always wonder which of you were there before me. :huh:

Heck....for us shooting IS the vacation :rolleyes:

Jim :)

Heck, Laptops are to big. I have and Enos forum icon on the first page menu of my iphone. I carry the forums in my pocket with me everyday. When I get bored in class I surf the forums on my phone. I haven't had to do it at a match yet but that is more related to the fact that I try to distance myself from the scores at a big match and just shoot without worrying myself with other info. Besides, not all hotels have WiFi and I can usually get cell service to read the forums. I guess it would be too much to ask to get a cell friendly version of the forums so I take what I gets and I am happy doing it.

Is the Lo-Fi version any better? Link on bottom of most (every?) page....

Is the Lo-Fi version any better? Link on bottom of most (every?) page....

Yes the Lo-Fi version is faster on the phone. I did not even know that option existed. Nice!

So, for those that don't know, China is a little bit communist. One night I'm over there and I can't sleep so I hit a "public" pc to surf the web. Lots of web sites don't come up for this reason or that reason. But BE.com did. I recall even sending a post from over there.

Honestly, I doubt you could access from China today. They keep pretty tight controls. And I haven't been back since so I don't know if I've been flagged or not. Interesting though.

J

You can still hit BE from China. The spammers manage every so often. Clearly we need more discussion around Free Tibet! and Falun Gong to be banned by the Great Firewall of China.

Or not.. no BE might make Jack a sad boy.

• 1 month later...

Okay, new one. the public library in Palm Desert CA. I am killing time until I pick up the girls from Girl Scouts. Came in to print out some forms off the net ( Our Printer is down) Well what d'ya know? Some forum member has been on here to!

Like I said they (we) are everywhere!

JZ

J

You can still hit BE from China. The spammers manage every so often. Clearly we need more discussion around Free Tibet! and Falun Gong to be banned by the Great Firewall of China.

Or not.. no BE might make Jack a sad boy.

+1

You can surf the BE forums in Lhasa, Tibet (at least I did in the summer of '07). And, ironically, Tibet related sites were mostly blocked for the reasons mentioned above.

Edited by kevin c

Heck....for us shooting IS the vacation :rolleyes:

Jim :)

There are other things to do while on vacation???