Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Trigger For Caspian?

I need a new trigger for my Caspian...the one I have is broken where the left side of the bow meets the trigger.

Any Ideas? I read the entire gunsmith forum to no avail.

Am I going to need a trigger job if I keep the same components internally?

I'll be searching the web...

SA

in a 1911 the trigger does not do anything but trip the sear so that it no longer holds the hammer hooks. you should not need a trigger job with a new trigger. I am old school, but I like the Videcki triggers. Probably need to get a more current opinion on that.

Caspian Hi-Cap, or Single Stack?

Hi-Cap uses a special trigger that fits nothing else. Best contact Caspian for replacement.

Single Stack trigger should be standard part for any 1911.

Match style triggers like the Videcki will need fitting to the receiver.

Can you contact the gunsmith who built the gun?

Are you talking 1st gen or 2nd gen Caspian Hi-cap? The old 1st gen triggers had aluminum trigger bows and didn't last very long. I use one with a steel bow that's been grounded down some to take some weight off it. The EGWs do look great specially if you have long fingers. Caspian hi-caps are the best ergonomically designed hi caps, too bad the 1st gen had problems with cracking. Nice to hear from another Caspian hi-cap driver. ;) Too bad Caspian Arms just doesn't give us shooters the full support like S+i, SV and Para does. josh

There are actually 3 different types of Caspian hi-cap frames. First generation (crack prone) has a big rectangular gapping holes through the grip strap's side. The welded 1st gen frame have solid plates welded into place where the gapping hole use to be. The 2nd gen has a square trigger guard with only round holes through the side of the grip strap. Most mags made for the 2nd gen are a little too big for the 1st gen frames, don't worry a little precise squeezing on a vise and tapping with a rubber mallet will cure the high spots. josh