Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oregon Trail Laser Cast Bullets

Joe D

I could not help but chuckle a little after reading the flowery article in this month's Blue Press extolling the virtues of Laser Cast bullets. Do the owners of Oregon Trail think we are total chumps? Why in the world would anyone pay OT more than twice the current going price for their .45 200 SWC bullets?

I bought several thousand last year when Cabelas had them on sale along with free shipping. They stayed on BO for a couple of months. About once a week Cabelas would send an email wanting me to cancel my BO. Come January of this year I understood why. OT had more than doubled their price.

Current lead price is about .75 per pound. That is a long way from the $1.80 lb when the bullet makers doubled their prices. It is time for them all to start dropping their prices.

Yeah, I was buying them for around $90 per 1K last year, then the Sportsmen Warehouse had them for $76 per 500. I stopped buying them until I went a month or so ago and they were on sale for $49 per 500. Now they are back up to $56 per 500. This was the 200 gr. 45 LSWC bullets.

Seems like I paid $52 per M from Cabelas last fall. In all fairness they are very good bullets. OTOH I can buy jacketed bullets for less. I have started shooting Stonewall bullets in my Kimber. They cost $53 M delivered. Robert coats them pretty heavy with Alox so you will have to sprinkle them with mica to make the sticky feel go away.

I think OT is just trying to take advantage of us.

Seems like I paid $52 per M from Cabelas last fall. In all fairness they are very good bullets. OTOH I can buy jacketed bullets for less. I have started shooting Stonewall bullets in my Kimber. They cost $53 M delivered. Robert coats them pretty heavy with Alox so you will have to sprinkle them with mica to make the sticky feel go away.

I think OT is just trying to take advantage of us.

Oregan's are good bullets, but there are equally good bullets out there for much less. Way over priced in my opinion.

Bronson7