Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best holster for springfield xd

lowetlx

A friend of mine has an xd 45 service model 4". he is just getting into uspsa production division and is looking for a good belt mount holster as the one that came with the xd is subpar. what would be a good choice? if possible one that would allow use with the 4" as well as the tactical 5" as he plans to pick up a tactical down the road. any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Andy

The fastest holster I have ever used for ANYTHING is the Blade Tech Drop Offset Holster (DOH). For my draw it just works perfect, and it is very secure. IMO it is the best production holster out there.

The thing I would want to talk to someone that knows specifics about though is whether or not a 9mm or 40 XD and a 45 XD fit the same holsters. Shooting a 45 in Production is fine if that is what he has, but I wouldn't do it for long and if he has plans to get a 5" XD he would be much better off with a 9mm for production.

For what its worth, I have both a 4 and 5 45XD worked up by Springer Precision and use a Sooper Hooper holster by www.kytac.com. Their made for the size so you cant use the 4 for a 5 but the holster beats anything Ive seen - even the DOH boys that see this are having one made up.

+1 on the Bladetech DOH/Stingray combo.

Just a question if you don't mind. Why does he want to shoot the XD-45 in Production instead of L-10? The stage strategy with a ten round limit is exactly the same except that you get rewarded for the higher power factor of the .45. In Production, the .45 is actually a handicap due to the greater recoil and muzzle flip compared to those using 9mm and it still only scores Minor.

Edited by XD Niner

For what its worth, I have both a 4 and 5 45XD worked up by Springer Precision and use a Sooper Hooper holster by www.kytac.com. Their made for the size so you cant use the 4 for a 5 but the holster beats anything Ive seen - even the DOH boys that see this are having one made up.

yeah, kytac is the fastest stuff out there.

I have a collection of the stuff. :cheers:

Question about the Bladetech: Tek-lok or SRB? If it helps, I'm using a Wilderness tactical belt for now. I plan on upgrading to a CR Speed setup, but not for a while yet.

For the Sooper Hooper crowd, is that holster dropped or offset at all? I'm assuming the answer is no since it's legal for IDPA, but we all know what they say about assumptions :)

Question about the Bladetech: Tek-lok or SRB? If it helps, I'm using a Wilderness tactical belt for now. I plan on upgrading to a CR Speed setup, but not for a while yet.

For the Sooper Hooper crowd, is that holster dropped or offset at all? I'm assuming the answer is no since it's legal for IDPA, but we all know what they say about assumptions :)

I use a blade-tech DOH with tek-lok for production. Works great.