Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Model 41

-JQ-

FWIW...

I have a Power's (Series 1 ?) hammer/sear jig. It lists that there is an adapter for the 41 , but Brownell's shows that particular part as no longer being carried. I tried to look on the Power's site, but had no luck (got re-directed, it seems). I didn't check anywhere else.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I picked up a 41 on Gunbroker for $705.00 shipped. I put myself on the list for a Bully barrel. Now I just need mags, ammo, another C-More, grips and to tinker with it. Any one have any leads on a company with CCI SV in stock?

Cool!

PM inbound on CCI SV

Here's a short video of the M41/Bully SC combo in action. You can see I start to get a SE grin at the end...it's just a blast to shoot and barely moves.

Edited by G-ManBart

Anybody know the size and thread pattern of the cmore mounting screws( the big hex head ones). I have my new M41 with the Bully barrel 1:16, but I have lost the cmore mounting screws. It's terrible to see it sitting there and I can't shoot it yet.

Hey now, I have the cmore, just no mounting screws.

The C-more screws are 10x32, but don't get them the standard length...the Bully SC barrel is only threaded 1/4" deep so you need the shorter C-more screws that they use on the Railway models. I think they're around 1/2" long (going off memory) versus the standard C-more screw which measure .935" (overall) or .735" (threaded area).

Flex you might call Powers up to see if he still has any of the first gen parts around the shop. Might be worth a call. If all else fails hit up RimfireCentral.com and see if anyone on there has one for sale.

Joe W.

Now I just need mags,

Get on MIDWAY'S list for S&W 12 shot magazines. They have been working great in my mid 1990's M-41.

I have been using CCI Blazer for shooting steel. Possibly a bit hotter then CCI SV but works fine.

Hi Flex:

That is the exact jig I use for doing the trigger jobs on my 1911's as well as my M41's. I had to buy mine straight from Power, aka GrandMasters, LLC. It's a pretty simple matter to do the trigger jobs on the M41, and they aren't too difficult to work on once you trash the stupid mag disconnect (keep the bar, junk the spring) and learn to detail strip the gun. Buy a few extra sears before you start, because you'll trash one or two in the learning process.

Here's the link for the adapter: http://powercustom.com/store/index.php?mai...4b7d1b9cdcd5d76

Here's the link for the jig: http://powercustom.com/store/index.php?mai...products_id=100

The jig comes with one adapter, so if you only want the jig for M41 sears/hammers, you won't need an extra adapter.

Hi Chuck:

I sent you a PM about the barrels. Let me know if you have trouble picking up a good used M41. I have been hording them since we started this project!

Good Shootin',

TGR

Ray and I live in the same town. I called him in Feb. of 08. I tried to get him to make a steel challange barrel for my 41. Being a Bullseye shooter he couldn't understand why anyone would want to reduce the weight of one of his barrels. I tried to get him to shoot a steel match to no avail.

So imagine my surprise to stumble on this thread. :huh:

The Herrett stocks were made to make the 41 feel like a 1911 with an arched mainspring housing.

They make two versions....one with the arch and one that's flat so it feels like a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing. Choices rock :cheers:

Funny thing, I shoot a flat mainspring housing on all of my 1911 type guns, but on the M-41 the Herrett arched feels better to me. Very strange.

I thought the same thing....the flat Herrett is a little too flat for me. R,

• 1 month later...

Funny, I just wandered over to this subforum and found this thread, I just happened to have bought a 41. It's a recent production unit, and shoots great, but I'm not crazy about the sights. The front is too wide, but that can be easily taken care of. The rear notch is super shallow, but there's no clearance to cut it any deeper. I don't suppose there are any alternatives that fit the current dovetail?

Funny, I just wandered over to this subforum and found this thread, I just happened to have bought a 41. It's a recent production unit, and shoots great, but I'm not crazy about the sights. The front is too wide, but that can be easily taken care of. The rear notch is super shallow, but there's no clearance to cut it any deeper. I don't suppose there are any alternatives that fit the current dovetail?

I'm not aware of one, but I think there's a supplier who sells replacement barrels with a different sight setup. It might be Gil Hebbard? R,

I kinda felt the same way about my Model 41 sights when I got it but I have shot it at work the last 2 days and I can easily nail a 10" piece of steel with a quick follow-up shot at 50 yards with those sights so apparently it isn't holding me back too much. I really thought it would since I am not used to the sights but the dang gun is so easy to shoot.

• 3 weeks later...

New "Shooting sports" just arrived. Camp Perry this year 25 % shot High Standards 19 % M 41's 10 % Hammerli. Rest of the pack few percent each.

all Foreigners except Ruger

Pretty good endorsement for the 41

Boats

MoNsTeR, there is very little "daylight" between the sides of the front sight and the rear notch for precision work. If you get too much room there it will increase your group size. If you're looking for speed shooting, that's a different story. As to the notch depth, if you level the front and rear when shooting, the depth shouldn't matter. Not sure why that's an issue? The 41 has been made for many many years and for what it was designed for the sights are great. We're inventing new games for it though so you never know.