Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 plate star

MGM I think makes one---that loo like one of his--mgmtargets--I have shot his--terry Ashton also makes one--

Seems that MGM and Action Target offer a star with 6 plates. In the video there is a SEVEN

plate star----still haven't figured out where that one might come from. I haven't seen a

Terry Ashton star with more than 5, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Bill

I am not 100% sure, but I think those are all ours. We sent five, six, and seven plate stars all to the same club, but I can't remember which one. I don't think Action makes stars at all.

Adios,

TG

I am not 100% sure, but I think those are all ours. We sent five, six, and seven plate stars all to the same club, but I can't remember which one. I don't think Action makes stars at all.

Adios,

TG

Thanks Travis! You are right about Action not making a star--my mistake. Secure Firearms Products lists a 6 plate star. Thought the array on the video looked like a mix of yours and Terry Ashton's stars, but didn't know you had ever made a 7.

You coming over for the Crazy Croc this year?

Bill

The video in the OP is from my YouTube account. That is a friend of mine shooting, he had never shot a stage with Texas Stars. I had assumed he had shot them before at other matches. We were just screwing around with our 9mm AR15 carbines. Shooting the stages with the carbines, instead of using our pistols.

My run on the same stages:

The match is at the Raahauges Range in Norco, CA. It was a SSA (Sports Shooting Alliance) "Steel Madness" bi-weekly match. I'll go ask Ron (Mr Twisted) the match director, from where he purchased those 6-7 plates stars.

Edited by REDHORSE

Ron, replied to my post on the SSA forums. Here is what he said:

They were special built to my specs by MGM. 6" plates were also special ordered too, standard is 8"

As far as I know were the only club in the world with such equipment. BTW the stars can also be powered by a chain drive & motor, If you want so real Twisted Speed. Later man

Adios,

TG

Thanks Travis! You are right about Action not making a star--my mistake. Secure Firearms Products lists a 6 plate star. Thought the array on the video looked like a mix of yours and Terry Ashton's stars, but didn't know you had ever made a 7.

You coming over for the Crazy Croc this year?

Bill

I have been trying to make it over to that match for the last three years but something always seems to come up. I have heard great things about it, but I think we have something scheduled this year too. <_< If something falls throught the cracks, I'll be there!

Adios,

TG