Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From Hooters In Fredericksburg

Jack Suber

Not to throw cold water on this but...

"smells like the ocean" is kind of a running joke with wait staff (IOW, she was pulling your brothers leg)

Splitting a check means a separate check for each person so that each person only pays for what they ordered. Most restaurants won't do that because they have computerized tickets. But if any one does it for you, be extra generous with the tip because it's a real pain for them.

One of the most exciting woman I have ever met was at the Hooters in ATL near the airport. this year after A6

+1 to that Bill! Holy crap...

And then there was the drunken bet made at Area 5 a few years ago at the Hooters in Holmen, WI. I still have the shirt :rolleyes:

They opened one up here in Rhody awhile back. When they opened, they brought in the "A Team" or perhaps it might be best to call them the "Double-D Team". After they were opened for awhile, they became the "T for Teeny Bopper Team".

Of course, they might just look awfully young, because I'm part of the "Old Fart Team".

:cheers:

When I was stuck working in cinnci for a few months I would go to the hooters on the river there. During the time of day I went it was basically just me and some Otis guys, but that is another story. Anyway, first time I stopped there I got a very nice lady who just sat down and talked until my food came, made sure my drink was alway full while eating and chit chatted some more until I left. Said lady got a nice tip, hey I'm no dummy I know your working the tip. Next time in I get a girl who barely takes my order, brings me my food and I never see her again. She then gives me this go to hell look when I barely leave her a tip, hey lady just because you have a nice body doesn't earn you that tip.

Corey, this is NOT directed to you. :cheers:

Ok, a little off topic. My wife paid her way through college as a waitress (not at Hooters), so she always makes sure I leave at least a 20% tip. That's ok with me.

But my daddy told me, "even if the service was horrible" leave a tip. He told me to stand up and drop two pennies on my plate. That way, the waitress didn't just think I was a clod, but hopefully she/he knew what I thought of the service.

A.T.

While I was in Atlanta, last week, there was a truck travelling north on 285. The truck was emblazooned with the Hooters girl on the sides and on the tailgate was "Follow me to Hooters".

For Christ's sake slow down, I could not keep up with you. :roflol:

As a Southern Boy, I have a bad habit of basing my tip on my sweet ice tea glass. If the glass goes empty, the tip meter starts clicking down. Now, if the server is hustling and is obviously just handling more than one person can (happens all the time when people call out sick) then I don't hold it against them.

Use to go to Hooters a lot when they showed PPV fights for free, but the local ones have quit so I just stay home and watch them. But the wife refuses to put on the shirt and shorts and bring me beer!

One of the most exciting woman I have ever met was at the Hooters in ATL near the airport. this year after A6

+1 to that Bill! Holy crap...

And then there was the drunken bet made at Area 5 a few years ago at the Hooters in Holmen, WI. I still have the shirt :rolleyes:

This just might maybe be one of those times where this post is useless without pictures!

Or at the very least the 'Rest of the Story!'

Jim

Corey, this is NOT directed to you. :cheers:

Ok, a little off topic. My wife paid her way through college as a waitress (not at Hooters), so she always makes sure I leave at least a 20% tip. That's ok with me.

But my daddy told me, "even if the service was horrible" leave a tip. He told me to stand up and drop two pennies on my plate. That way, the waitress didn't just think I was a clod, but hopefully she/he knew what I thought of the service.

A.T.

Same here wifey was a waitress so therefore I have to give good tips....BUT I refuse if the service is just terrible. I will tip it just won't be good. Guy I worked with went to a very nice bar in cinnci one night. Ran up a 200$ tab and the waitress was pissed at the 30$ tip. I mean damn its a 15% tip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So, my brother, son and I go to Hooters in Fredericksburg Saturday night. these are quotes from our waitress:

Quote 1: My brother orders oysters. He asks if they are local oysters. Response:

"Well, they smell like they are from the ocean." :unsure:

Quote 2: Our waitress brings us the check. My brother says, "I got it." I say, "Let's split it." So, I look at the waitress and ask if she could split the check between us. Response:

"Well, I can't split it but I can do it 50/50." <_<

Yes. She was blonde....

Another good one is If you and a buddy go out for a meal when the waitress brings the check ask her if she cares which one of us pays... when she says no tell her ok you can...

• 2 weeks later...