Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying reloads?

Is it common practice to buy other people's reloads? and or have them reload for you?

Nope. It's much safer to buy from a commercial reloader who does it for a living and carries the appropriate insurance. If a commercially reloaded round messes up your gun, the commercial reloader has a rep to maintain and a source to reimburse you. If your buddy's ammo messes up your gun, there's a good chance all you'll get is a shrug and a "Sorry...". It's not worth the small savings.

That's what I figured? Are there any favorite places to buy commercial reloads? I sent Atlanta an email to see what their prices are like. Do they use new or used brass btw? Anyone finding 9mm for under $200?

Cheers

Edited by Z32MadMan

That's what I figured? Are there any favorite places to buy commercial reloads? I sent Atlanta an email to see what their prices are like. Do they use new or used brass btw? Anyone finding 9mm for under $200?

Cheers

AAA offers both new and used brass loads (depends on the exact cartridge). I have an old price list of theirs and they had 9mm as low as $160/K. I'm pretty sure they'll have something under $200/K. Their stuff is really excellent. I chronographed some of their 38SC ammo and it had a standard deviation of 5fps or less and was extremely accurate. R,

Take a look at "Georgia-Arms.com" I've shot probably 10K rounds of 185grFMJ .45ACP and 2K rounds of their 9x19 115grFMJ and had probably...3 FTF (fire) out of 12K rounds. The 9mm is currently going for $185/1000. The loads aren't nearly as dirty as WWB and depending on where you live, the shipping shouldn't break your piggy bank.

I've used Georgia Arms reloads exclusively in my H&K's( HK45 & HK45C), Smith & Wesson 1911 ,Springfield 1911, SIG 220 & 229 and they've all processed this ammo with no problems.

good luck

The Happy Gila :cheers:

post-15361-1217296769.jpg

I also used Georgia Arms reloads in 9mm and 45acp, before I started reloading. Never had a problem. They would normally hit the gun shot in Nova so I would order what I needed and pick it up at the show, saved shipping.

Bruce