Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A little confused about vtac hguard/JP AR 15 barrel install

SteveU

Question:

Doesn't the inner barrel retaining nut need to go over the muzzle to get it on?

The JP barrel kit I got ( :cheers: ) has the adjustable gas block on and the comp already on and timed. Gas block doesn't fit over the cooley comp (I don't think... I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to force it over it.) Inner barrel retaining nut doesn't fit over the flange at the chamber end (shouldn't, right?) and doesn't fit over the gas block.

This is like one of those linking ring puzzles. What am I missing? :blush:

Take your time, read and follow the JP instructions. REALLY degrease the receiver, and use the red lock-tite.

Like Gentleman Jim says, make sure you line up the JP alloy nut so, later, the gas tube ends up going through without binding.

I know a guy.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah.... I think I got it now, though. :ph34r:

I so far have:

1) Read the directions numerous times and done a few dry runs.

2) Degreased.

3) Locktited.

4) Aligned the outer retaining nut CAREFULLY and confirmed by putting the making sure the gas tube goes through as well as aligning with a 12 0'clock rail and mount joining it with the receiver rail. (thanks Roxy)

5) Stepped away from the project to let it set.

That's all for tonight, I think.

S

I just got done installing my vtac handguard yesterday. There is a video from brownells that I just got today on my email showing how to install a free float handguard. The video was about 5 to 10 minutes long. It took me at least an hour, since my parts did not just twist off with my hands only.

Is there supposed to be a gap between the end of the tube and my gas block? I can see my gas tube.

Randy

<-- remembers surge's name for future classified ad reference... :ph34r:

..."excellent condition, low round count, gas tube and gas pin not included, A2 style front sight never removed."

:roflol: