Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dirt cheap shotshell prices!

JD45

Last night on a trapshooting forum some guy mentioned that his local Walmart was having a blow-out on all Winchester AA target loads. It sounded too good to be true or widespread and I forgot about it until 3PM today after a match. I had to go into Walmart for something else and ended up in the anti-gun-no-guns sporting goods department.

Winchester AA loads were $5.00 a box. Remington STS, $5.00, any flavor. And for some reason one column of the same AA load, except in #7 1/2, were marked $4.50. I normally shoot #8s, but I cleaned them out at $45 a flat. I doubt if we will ever see that price again.

Maybe a Walmart near you is doing the same. Word is spreading fast here. Shotgunners will clean them out in minutes.

I still believe that Walmart is the worst thing ever to happen to mankind. I just wanted everyone here to have a chance at saving some money and shooting more.

Last night on a trapshooting forum some guy mentioned that his local Walmart was having a blow-out on all Winchester AA target loads. It sounded too good to be true or widespread and I forgot about it until 3PM today after a match. I had to go into Walmart for something else and ended up in the anti-gun-no-guns sporting goods department.

Winchester AA loads were $5.00 a box. Remington STS, $5.00, any flavor. And for some reason one column of the same AA load, except in #7 1/2, were marked $4.50. I normally shoot #8s, but I cleaned them out at $45 a flat. I doubt if we will ever see that price again.

Maybe a Walmart near you is doing the same. Word is spreading fast here. Shotgunners will clean them out in minutes.

I still believe that Walmart is the worst thing ever to happen to mankind. I just wanted everyone here to have a chance at saving some money and shooting more.

Well crap, they're still $7.57 here.

Great price.

Buy them up and you could sell the empties, if you don't reload, for about 4 cents a piece...another $1.00 off the price. ;)

Just curious, where does one sell off those once fired shot shell husks?

Thanks

Jerry

Winchester AA loads were $5.00 a box. Remington STS, $5.00, any flavor. And for some reason one column of the same AA load, except in #7 1/2, were marked $4.50. I normally shoot #8s, but I cleaned them out at $45 a flat.
At that price buy all that your credit card can handle. Stopped by my local WM and they were still at the regular price of over $7 a box. My reloads at current component prices run $4.75 a box.
Just curious, where does one sell off those once fired shot shell husks?
Go to any clays range and post a note on the Buy, Sell, Trade board. $30 a thousand is the going price locally. Rem STS is far preferred over the AA. I use AA as I can get them by the bucketfull just by picking them up. Haven't bought a hull in long time.

But really, most clays shooters don't reload anymore. The cost savings just isn't worth the time investment. At last weekends ATA Southwestern Zone Shoot I saw many a shooter running the WM 100 round value packs.

Edited by Hank Ellis

Just curious, where does one sell off those once fired shot shell husks

Easiest place to sell hulls is a note at the gun club's memo board, etc.

Or, e-bay, shooting forums(shotgun types) if you have enough to sell.