Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Summer Blast

Flyin40

Thanks of the video John, looks like you had a really good match.
Nice shooting

I looked at shooting stage 1 the way you did, I looked faster but I had my plan from looking at the stage the day before and thought it was better to stick with the plan I knew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IUu_c1v0_g

Thanks Thomas, I was expecting you there. I was trying to get one back :ph34r: The field courses went well but the stand and shoot didn't go so hot. I don't think I have really practiced any stand and shoots in the since 2006. I ate 20pts in penalties on the strong hand weak hand stage. I called a miss and made up the shot. It ended up being a D on the perf. Extra shot, extra hit. Other than that I think I shot 5 D's. Stage 9 with the slider I ended up missing the steel on the first shot which cost me and I had 4 alpha hits on the slider. I made an extra on up after it stopped and I didn't need it. I was to conservative on stage 2, slow time and 3 D's on that stage. I didn't really realize it until I seen it on video.

Really fun match. The run and gun field courses were great. I came off every stage laughing because I was having so much fun.

Supermoto,

Stage execution is key. Sometimes you can find a better plan at the last minute watching someone else shoot but I usually stick with whats already in my head. I have tried to switch it up and most of the time the result wasn't good.

Flyin

Not sure if John wanted this to be the Summer Blast Gallery thread or not but I figured this was the best place to post the pictures I took on stages 3 and 4.

2008 Summer Blast Gallery

Enjoy. :cheers:

NICE! Pic #25 was Keen's smoking reload on his stronghand string, and Pic #30 I think was Turtle's smoking reload on his weakhand string. They were the two best reloads of the whole match on stage 4.

First time at this, but here goes...

I drew to the paper then took the 3 plates grouped to the right; took the plate and the paper in the left port; loaded and shot all the paper and steel visible from the next port; indexed to the plate in the next port and shot the rest of the paper visible from left to right (except the far left that I already shot); shot the remaining plates and paper from the second to last port and finished on the last paper to the right. I think I had two extra shots on steel in the second to last position that cost me the stage win. Hope that makes sense... :blink:

Edited by Turtle

First time at this, but here goes...

I drew to the paper then took the 3 plates grouped to the right; took the plate and the paper in the left port; loaded and shot all the paper and steel visible from the next port; indexed to the plate in the next port and shot the rest of the paper visible from left to right (except the far left that I already shot); shot the remaining plates and paper from the second to last port and finished on the last paper to the right. I think I had two extra shots on steel in the second to last position that cost me the stage win. Hope that makes sense... :blink:

Thanks, Just wanted to see how someone else shot it. It was shot so many different ways, I started from the right and worked my way left. I had several make up shots as well on steel. Fun stage.

I was the only one on my squad to shoot it the way I did. I liked a couple of the other runs (Megan's comes to mind); it's funny how different shooters see it different ways. I don't think there was any "best" way to shoot it, just whatever way you can best execute. It was a fun stage, as were most of 'em.

I saw a few shooters shoot across court, For a me, it was my last stage, I wanted to stick to an easy plan, I thought I would just need to put this one in the bank to accomplish my goals for the match, I just wanted to have a smooth plan without a hisk risk / reward factor. In the end I was happy with how the stage went, but ended up just missing my goal.... Thought I had it, but another shooter was initally scored incorrectly and then when corrected bumped me down.

Phil Clark put together a very nice slide show of Summer Blast. The art work on the stages was outstanding!

It can viewed here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum....1&bm=163345

You may have to download a plug in to get it to run.

Phil is the Sponsor Coordinator for Area 8 - he also has a neat slideshow of the Area 8 match held in May at East Huntingdon, PA on the same page.

Thanks Phil for all of your hard work! :cheers:

Mike