Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a little Bling

Jeff686

I just got an aimpoint to try out (thanks Tom!) I had to go to the fastner store to get the correct size screws. While there, I saw some button head screws in a nice polished stainless, and bought them too. Since the aimpoint mount is single sided, I used the button head screws to fill the holes on the right side. Now I got a little bling:

post-985-1215830131.jpg

Edited by Jeff686

I just got an aimpoint to try out (thanks Tom!) I had to go to the fastner store to get the correct size screws. While there, I saw some button head screws in a nice polished stainless, and bought them too. Since the aimpoint mount is single sided, I used the button head screws to fill the holes on the right side. Now I got a little bling:

Jeff, I am Glad to see you got everything up and running. :cheers: Do you like the Aimpoint? It does get some getting used to. Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, I am Glad to see you got everything up and running. :cheers: Do you like the Aimpoint? It does get some getting used to. Tom

Thanks! I think it looks really good.

I've only shot it in competition once. I can't say that I noticed the sight, I just saw the dot and pulled the trigger. I guess maybe that's a good sign.

I'm going to shoot it in a couple of more matches, then put the c-more back on and shoot some more.

I've only shot it in competition once. I can't say that I noticed the sight, I just saw the dot and pulled the trigger. I guess maybe that's a good sign.

That is my experience also. I have been using Aimpoint XDs on my open guns for about 2 years and I have never noticed the slight increase in weight over the Cmore it replaced. As long as I shoot with both eyes open, I dont notice the scope body at all. I just focus on the target and superimpose the dot on it. Lots of big advantages to aimpoints over the single lens optics as well.