Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

Larue SPR-E

I got a SPR-E to mount a MK 4 1.5x5 scope on an ar. I set the scope to mechanical zero and mounted per instructions. I had to move the crosshairs over about 10 MOA to get the windage to line up with the bore. It sighted in fine, but if you look through it the cross hairs are obviously out of center. I thought it could be a problem with the upper reciever being out of alignment with the bbl., so I put the mount and scope on a GAP bolt gun that had a badger Ordanace rail on it. The same thing happened on it, so I am leaning toward it being in the mount. Has anyone else had this problem? I called Larue and asked the guy that answered the phone about it and he seemed displeased that I would call and question the integrity of the mount. He said if it would sight in it was fine. It is not really that big of an issue, I am just curious if this was in normal specs for the mount. And before any body takes this as slander post it is not. I am just trying to get other peoples input from experience.

I got a SPR-E to mount a MK 4 1.5x5 scope on an ar. I set the scope to mechanical zero and mounted per instructions. I had to move the crosshairs over about 10 MOA to get the windage to line up with the bore. It sighted in fine, but if you look through it the cross hairs are obviously out of center. I thought it could be a problem with the upper reciever being out of alignment with the bbl., so I put the mount and scope on a GAP bolt gun that had a badger Ordanace rail on it. The same thing happened on it, so I am leaning toward it being in the mount. Has anyone else had this problem? I called Larue and asked the guy that answered the phone about it and he seemed displeased that I would call and question the integrity of the mount. He said if it would sight in it was fine. It is not really that big of an issue, I am just curious if this was in normal specs for the mount. And before any body takes this as slander post it is not. I am just trying to get other peoples input from experience.

Shoot it at 100/200/300/400/etc and see if the bullets impact up and down or diagonally.

If you can't get the problem worked out contact Mark Larue directly and explain the issue to him. I'm sure he will make it right and would want to know if there is a problem with his mount or person answering the phone.

Good luck.

Try a different scope if you have one. Then you will know where the problem lies. It is either the scope or the mount.

So you mounted the scope, first shot was 10 inches off at 100. I'd take it. Even after boresighting I'm still pleasantly surprised to hit paper with the first round sighting in. At 10 MOA of adjustment, you're scope should have plenty of adjustment left to dial for wind. I'd run with it.

I still have plenty of adjustment for windage, I was just curious if this was in normal specs.