Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY NEW RANGE CART

CSEMARTIN

Hello:The Cart #171232 and is near the packing supplies and Acro bins. I have not had any problems with the wheels at all. That maybe due to the cooler being on the bottom. You do have to make sure the cart is locked with the clasp. The Lowes cart costs $39.36 but you can also look at the CED cart which is the same . Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

That's the same one I have and it's a piece of CRAP!

It won't stand when a bag is on it, keeps falling forward.

Kickstand? :D

Yeah, right into the dumper. :roflol:

Do any of you guys know where I can buy aluminum in 1/8 or 1/4 inch sheets?

yeah check out milan surplus they have a whole house of aluminum, 4x8's, 1/2's and smooth and diamond. fair priced but not a smoking deal but they always have what im looking for. in milan next to the steel dam. kinda to the east of eriksen chevy then turn left just after the creek on gravel road by all the semi trailers, youll see sign that says milan surplus. -chris

• 1 month later...
I know you guys have been anxiously awaiting these photos!!!

All I've done so far is remove the front and rear seats. The rear seat was not a problem. It was just screwed to the frame. Getting the front seat off took some engineering because there was a bracket that rotated and was connected to the seat and frame--and there was a spring loaded lever that allowed the front seat to recline. I stopped working on it after a cutting wheel broke off and landed in my left eye.

It really was a nice stroller, but it has a better purpose now.

Time to ressurect this thread and find out the status of the cart.

Where are you at?

Time to ressurect this thread and find out the status of the cart.

Where are you at?

I'm still working on it. I've been preoccupied with getting my Bridgeport up and running. I'm still dinking around on my gun build too. I've got a few pots in the fire right now.

I'm thinking the range cart project is going to turn into a winter project, but I'll keep everyone posted with my progress.

I've taken it to the range a couple of times. Aside from some strange looks and me being on the receiving end of a few jokes, it's going to work well.

You have to be secure with your masculinity if you're going to show up to the range with a kid's stroller!!!

• 7 months later...

:surprise:

Couple years are so ago at the Fall Classic in Rolla Mo I saw a range cart that had a seat attached to it

I believe Leroy Langer had it , was wondering if any of ya might know where it came from.

Since Ive had my Knee replaced I think Im going to have to have a cart to drag my stuff around.

Thank You

Jim Anglin :roflol::devil:;)

I saw a range cart that had a seat attached to it

was wondering if any of ya might know where it came from.

Hey Jim,

Give these guys a call. I saw a really cool looking range cart at the Single Stack Nationalas a number of years ago. I can't remember the name of the guy that makes it, but this is his number.

770-663-0009

I saw a range cart that had a seat attached to it

was wondering if any of ya might know where it came from.

Hey Jim,

Give these guys a call. I saw a really cool looking range cart at the Single Stack Nationalas a number of years ago. I can't remember the name of the guy that makes it, but this is his number.

770-663-0009

The company name is First Strike Products.

411 is a wonderful thing. It lists a woman as the owner.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I just found my cart to build from. It's on craigslist as a golf pull cart, but it's not the current style that stays at 45 degrees. It works like a hand truck going back to verticle at rest and has large pneumatic wheels. I think I can fix a bucket set to it instead of a golf bag. Take a look at the pic and tell me what you think. I'm going to meet the guy tomorrow to take a look at it. He listed $20 online. Maybe I can get it for $10 or $15.

post-10475-1243114236_thumb.jpg

The Rugged Gear cart has chrome spoked, bicycle style wheels that I'd guess are about 10" in diameter. They're based on a runners baby stroller. You might have to install a different diameter axle to make bicycle wheels work but should be possible. The rugged gear has worked well for me. I would go for the solid, or non-puncture tire option, even with a dose of Slime, mine keep losing air and the supplied pump is a pain, I've never gotten it to work. Otherwise, great. Came with a cover and a towel. Tried to find a used runner's stroller at garage sales and never had any luck. The bicycle wheels go over big gravel pretty well. Go Kart wheels and tires are even wider and would do well but would be heavy, and hard to turn. Thought I was pretty trick with the fancy cart, took it to my first match and folks pulled in with golf carts on trailers. Drat, beaten again!