Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doing Something Stupid

bruce282

Local match yesterday, I'm shooting PM group but was there early to crono some rounds. Someone cancels so I'm able to shoot the with the AM group. Run to the car, open the passenger rear door, grab gun bag, open truck put cart together, grab cooler, assemble everything and head to the shooters meeting. Came back 4 hours later to my rear door standing wide open. Damn. Looked inside, there was my GPS, IPOD and cell phone sitting right where I left them. :):):)

Bruce

Local match yesterday, I'm shooting PM group but was there early to crono some rounds. Someone cancels so I'm able to shoot the with the AM group. Run to the car, open the passenger rear door, grab gun bag, open truck put cart together, grab cooler, assemble everything and head to the shooters meeting. Came back 4 hours later to my rear door standing wide open. Damn. Looked inside, there was my GPS, IPOD and cell phone sitting right where I left them. :):):)

Bruce

And the battery had not run down?

After our match yesterday I relaized I left my sunroof all the way open..."not worried about the shooters here"...should have been worried about the 15 minute downpour....doh...it didn't even sink in when I saw all the little dots all over my phone when I got back in..."why is the junk in my front seat wet??"...I guess I'm not just a slow shooter... :surprise:

Hindsight...the purest form of Zen...

Bruce

And the battery had not run down?

Nope. Subaru WRX. When you take the key out all power is cut to everything. Nice except when you want to charge the GPS.

Bruce

I always leave my keys in the car at the range - that way it is harder to loose them. Best is everyone at the club knows I do this and most of them that the cash drawer is in the boot of my Benz too. Never missed a cent, except that someone got some change out of the drawer to pay the entry fee( I assume). I only picked it up because there was a R100 to much and a R50, 2xR20 ans a R10 to few.