Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Closing ebay and paypal

tpcdvc

I just closed both my ebay and paypal accounts!!! I have decided to put my money where my mouth is and not deal with these anti gun idiots!!! They will never get another dime from me :cheers: I hope everyone does the same.

Tim

I applaud your convictions.

For me its a tough choice... I find myself conflicted. I understand why ebay/ Paypal have chosen to protect themselves from liability by simply eliminating the potential for trouble but would prefer that they show some spine. I use both services frequently as I do a lot of business online.

I applaud your convictions.

For me its a tough choice... I find myself conflicted. I understand why ebay/ Paypal have chosen to protect themselves from liability by simply eliminating the potential for trouble but would prefer that they show some spine. I use both services frequently as I do a lot of business online.

It was tough for me too. I have bought and sold a ton on ebay. I have used papal in countless transactions and it will not be easy for me. But I'm tired of people who demonize us and those who keep the ignorance alive. I just thought if not a guy like me then who will take a stance?

I'm not 100% sure that they demonize us, which is what keeps me. Based on their written policy, it appears that they just don't want to open themselves up to liability. I do remember the letter from eBay about the VT shootings, but ultimately their policy doesn't read anti gun, it reads anti loss of profit if they get sued.

I'm not 100% sure that they demonize us, which is what keeps me. Based on their written policy, it appears that they just don't want to open themselves up to liability. I do remember the letter from eBay about the VT shootings, but ultimately their policy doesn't read anti gun, it reads anti loss of profit if they get sued.

Well, if you read what I wrote again you will see that I wrote "people who demonize us and those that keep the ignorance alive". I put them in the keeping the ignorance alive category. And although I am a capitalist through and through and understand to some extent why they might have a policy like that, I could never put fear of litigation or profits above our essential liberties. If they do nothing illegal what do the have to fear??? Yep, you can be sued for anything but I'm sure they have the resources to handle a frivolous law suit.

Thank you for your support.

Paypal shut our account down over a year ago because we sold high capacity magazines. They "demanded" that we stop selling them before we could be re-considered for an account. Mind you, we have over 20k transactions with them at the time. We refused, of course, so the account remained closed. Paypal closed 1000's of account at the time to purge firearms accessories dealers from their ranks.

Interesting, now how we get so many requests to accept Paypal from people buying gun related items. We also get complaints that we aren't convenient. All we can do is try and educate these folks as to the nature of the owners of Paypal and hope that eventually everyone comes around.

We did look at the Google payment tool also, they have some text in their TOC's for not using the payment tool for prohibited items, firearms are one of those. So, Goog isn't much better. But, eBay and paypal are actually preo-active, they shut down acutions and close accounts if firearms and related items are involved.

Thank you for your support.

Paypal shut our account down over a year ago because we sold high capacity magazines. They "demanded" that we stop selling them before we could be re-considered for an account. Mind you, we have over 20k transactions with them at the time. We refused, of course, so the account remained closed. Paypal closed 1000's of account at the time to purge firearms accessories dealers from their ranks.

Interesting, now how we get so many requests to accept Paypal from people buying gun related items. We also get complaints that we aren't convenient. All we can do is try and educate these folks as to the nature of the owners of Paypal and hope that eventually everyone comes around.

We did look at the Google payment tool also, they have some text in their TOC's for not using the payment tool for prohibited items, firearms are one of those. So, Goog isn't much better. But, eBay and paypal are actually preo-active, they shut down acutions and close accounts if firearms and related items are involved.

It's not just goods either. My gunsmith had a ton of problems with paypal for services he rendered. It really screwed him up for a long time trying to get money that they owed him.

Edited by tpcdvc

Besides setting up a merchant account with a bank, are there any internet-based credit card processing systems? Someone told me that the online version of Quickbooks has that feature.

Edited by davidwiz

Besides setting up a merchant account with a bank, are there any internet-based credit card processing systems? Someone told me that the online version of Quickbooks has that feature.

David,

Quickbooks does a lot of credit card processing, it works well if you use their Point of Sale tool. I magine that other web sites can be linked to them, I had not had the chance to explore those options.

The url is: http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/add-o...site_sub_header.

I closed my ebay account 6 months ago but I just cant bring myself to closing my paypal account, I love getting away with doing gun transactions without them knowing what is going on :devil:

one of the services available to us in Canada is the ability to do Email money orders. it works slick. it is just available with our 5 major banks right now but i understand the credit union and treasury branches are looking to get in on it. i do know of one other service that offers similar hyperwallet, but i have no idea if it works in the US.