Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 Trainer

el pres

Mine works awsome, it's really fun to shoot. Bill drills with .14 splits and the group

is 1.0", Ha, I love it. We got Bigshooter's figured out too. He has an "extended" untuned ejector

and the TS ejector is stopping on that. A little file work and we will be good !!

Oh and welcome to the forum Bigshooter, you finally decided to post something ?? :roflol:

DIRTYCHAMBER,

Since no one has responded to your ammo query, I use Federal AutoMatch in my Advantage Arms 1911 conversion & my Ciener AR conversion with good results. Wally world usually has it. IIRC, price is about $14.50/box of 350. Maybe it'll work for you, too.

Regards,

TomD

• 4 weeks later...

I'm interested in a 22 conversion unit. Leaning towards the TS or a Marvel Unit 1 as I'd like to replicate my 2011 open gun. Couple questions for those of you using a 22 for training.

1. Is it worth it to put a compensator on a .22 conversion?

2. Has anyone put the TS compensator on their unit.

3. Can anyone comment on TS magazines vs Marvel magazines (steel)?

Wonder why TS doesn't offer a compensator in blue finish for their conversion unit.

Finally if the choice was a 22 conversion or an air soft gun for training which way would you go?

Well I've got a good amount of rounds through mine so far and I'm very pleased

with my choice!! :cheers:

I've used several different brands of ammo, just about everything from Wallyworld and some new

Federal Champion at a promotional price. The upper runs like a champ !! The TS mags also hold "14" rounds

and run flawlessly !! I could not see any advantage a comp would do to this recoilless gun but I'm a Limited shooter

so what I consider "no recoil" may be different from an Open shooter.

I find that the advantage of a .22 over an airsoft is the fact that it still has a muzzle flash, makes plenty of noise (reaction,

flinch,etc..), the sights do lift, and is deadly accurate even out to 50yds.. Great way to practice group shooting... It's not

a toy, it's a gun !! The only thing I was'nt happy with is the fiber optic sight, the rod is bulky and is not a real fiber rod but

a piece of plastic, I paint over it with sight black ... B)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in a 22 conversion unit. Leaning towards the TS or a Marvel Unit 1 as I'd like to replicate my 2011 open gun. Couple questions for those of you using a 22 for training.

1. Is it worth it to put a compensator on a .22 conversion?

2. Has anyone put the TS compensator on their conversion unit?

bump for answers to Q's.