Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3-gun, 2008

Final match setup finished up tonight about 9:30. Stages are looking good. I am confident those of you that come will have a good time and enjoy the stages that Larry Designed and setup.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Like Mark said.....looks like good weather for all.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final match setup finished up tonight about 9:30. Stages are looking good. I am confident those of you that come will have a good time and enjoy the stages that Larry Designed and setup.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Like Mark said.....looks like good weather for all.

drove up friday.. walked the range at dusk... looks like lots of fun and an nice clean fun match.... shouldve been sleeping but just cant... guess im still a kid at heart!!!!!

Just got back from A6 Cindy and the boys did a real nice job with the stages and match seemed to run pretty smooth. Squad 10 never ran into any backups and never had to wait to shoot.

I hope the final results will be up soon , as I had to leave before they were done.

Good to meet some of the fellow BE'rs too

For those of you who did not know, I was not able to attend and shot the match since I spent most of this previous week in a losing battle with a stomach virus that ran a full 7 days. I was able to drive up today and hang out for a few hours. That is not however the reason for my post.

It appears that despite the strongest of filters on my computer and that of Mr. Bill Noyes, as a result of our exchanging mulitiple emails this week he may have contacted the same bug over the weekend. When I stuck my head in the stats trailer this afternoon to speak with he and Cindy, "Death Warmed Over" may have been too weak a term to describe Bill Noyes who was nonetheless at his terminal getting results ready to post.

Area 6 is very fortunate to have people like Bill and Cindy. Let's all wish Bill a speedy recovery.

I took real good care of Bill last night, so he is doing much better today. Thanks to everyone that helped us with this match! I can't say enough about the Match Sponsor, Nordic Components, for all the support and those guys can really shoot too! The staff was excellent and couldn't have had a better crew. Larry and the setup crew really worked hard and put this one over the top! Thanks to all the shooters, expecially everyone that helped us tear down and put our toys away! :cheers:

Cindy

I had a lot of fun at the match. Stages were good, good props and shooting. The guys in my squad were a hoot, and we had a great RO who could have a good time and still do the job. Thanks to the guys at Nordic. Where can you go and shoot the side match for free, then get a raffle ticket and get a win a prize. They gave away several hundred dollars worth of stuff. I think the .22 stage was a hoot. Thanks to all of the sponsors, match staff and ROs. Like mwx said, the back ups were almost nil. We had a small one on the long range rifle Sunday morning, but it wasn't a big deal, and I think it gave us a chance just to hang out and chill for a few minutes. I didn't mind at all. Looking forward to next year!!

I would like to also thank everyone involved with this match. I had a great time and learned so much information from everyone! I felt a little intimidated before the event being one of the only juniors there and being my first 3 gun event, but my squad ended that quickly!

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful and making a kid feel at home.

Blake

For those of you who did not know, I was not able to attend and shot the match since I spent most of this previous week in a losing battle with a stomach virus that ran a full 7 days. I was able to drive up today and hang out for a few hours. That is not however the reason for my post.

It appears that despite the strongest of filters on my computer and that of Mr. Bill Noyes, as a result of our exchanging mulitiple emails this week he may have contacted the same bug over the weekend. When I stuck my head in the stats trailer this afternoon to speak with he and Cindy, "Death Warmed Over" may have been too weak a term to describe Bill Noyes who was nonetheless at his terminal getting results ready to post.

Area 6 is very fortunate to have people like Bill and Cindy. Let's all wish Bill a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about Bill getting the stomach virus, here's to a speedy recovery for Bill. I also want thank Bill, Cindy and Charles and all the folks who setup and ran the match, it was outstanding. SRGC is awesome and I was glad it was hosted there... It was my first match other than a local match, and only my third with more than one gun. I was intimidated at first but my squad was amazing and friendly, our RO John Morgan was calm, professional and helpful. Special thanks to Kevin Cates and Alan Shepherd for helping me out with my rifle (handloads issue) I would not have been able to finish rifle without them! I'll be back Lord willing.

Christian Eidsmoe

I'm going to say that this is definatly a "GO TO" match and people should really be thinking about going to this one next year.

The staff was great, Cindy did an assume job getting this together. The RO's were great. The cof's were VERY well thought out, and very challenging. Even the food they had there for lunch was great.....including the home made banana pudding. I do have to say that Idid not get any of Cheryl's brownies, but that was my fault for not going back up to the stat shack and grabbing a handfull.

Our squad had a great RO...We'll take him next year too!!

The one thing I was amazed at was the number of very good shooters from around that area that I've never seen at the other 'BIG' matches around the country. I had a good finish for my level of shooting (never practice), but lots of people ahead of me.

I mentioned earlier, there will be two types of people after this match is over....those that went and those that wish they had. Next year, you should REALLY consider enjoying this match!!

Edited by TRUBL

I would like to also thank everyone involved with this match. I had a great time and learned so much information from everyone! I felt a little intimidated before the event being one of the only juniors there and being my first 3 gun event, but my squad ended that quickly!

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful and making a kid feel at home.

Blake

Blake when you are on my squad you are never the ONLY kid!! Guys Blake will be one to watch in the next few years as I would NEVER believed this was his FIRST 3-gun match........

The South River crew put on an EXCELLENT match as always......the stages ran smoothly without any delays, sooo smoothly that I believe "our" squad could have shot all the stages on Saturday....

I also learned a couple valuable lessons the hard way too......but that is another discussion.....

Thanks again to EVERYONE who made the match happen!!

Randal

Area 6 matched rocked. :cheers: No issues no drama and no waits. All ran smooth and was a great time.

Squad 9 had a blast and was made up of alot of great shooters. As mentioned we had the best RO and we formally request him in the future.

Thanx to all the sponsors who donated prizes to the prize table. Make sure you guys drop these companies a line to thank them and also think about these companies when spending your money on new gear.

Them PMAG extensions that Nordic make are a great piece of gear if you dont have one i highly recommend it.

Thanx Again!!

Edited by NOMADSS

I had funCheryl's brownies and learned alot. As regards friendly people Cheryl's brownies and good shooters, I'm glad they found South River Gun Club Cheryl's brownies and didn't mind walking some. Seriously, Cheryl's brownies it renewed my "faith" to see that an {Us versus Them} does not have to exist between shooters and those fancy RO types Cheryl's brownies. Thanks Tod and Rob for the high value tips and I loved your stage! One day Cheryl's brownies I might execute and score. Cindy, make Bill drink; Larry, thank your better half for letting you devote soooo much time Cheryl's brownies in front of the 'puter designing, AND out in the dust and mud with Cheryl's brownies that bit driver. David T. you are a hoot to watch, and you do well with Cheryl's brownies that pump when you lean into it!!! Thank you Brian for building the pavillion where Cheryl's brownies our sponsors and lunches really delivered. Henry, I'm impressed that you remember all Cheryl's brownies the details. Missed part of the conspicuously Cheryl's brownies absent Alabama crowd, but enjoyed the other Cheryl's brownies ones who shot without whining. (kidding Treinta) Woogie; clone Barb. Frank Thompson (no relation to Cheryl's brownies pavillion builder) works hard and smart-thanks for the new rules for safety and multi gun. I'm not one to exagerate, nor try to over sell something so much that expectations only disappoint, but Butterscotch brownies could be the other white meat. Cheers, tally ho, Godspeed all the way to next year.

Ok darnit....who's gonna send me the left over Brownies???

brownies.. blondies and lemon bars..... what a great woman.... all i have to do is invite themover for a gourmet full course meal and she brings them to my house!!lol... good to have great friends.... :cheers:

Edited by tazmag

The stages were incredible and I had a great time except for the shotgun stages. When the Browning works, I love it; when it doesn't, I hate it (like any other relationship, huh)?

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours it takes to put on an event such as this. It's always fun at South River. The Nordac guys were much appreciated.

Cheryl

Tallahassee, Florida[/font]

The stages were incredible and I had a great time except for the shotgun stages. When the Browning works, I love it; when it doesn't, I hate it (like any other relationship, huh)?

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours it takes to put on an event such as this. It's always fun at South River. The Nordac guys were much appreciated.

Cheryl

Tallahassee, Florida[/font]

I really look forward to seeing Cheryl and her butterscotch bars at Ft Benning. And BTW, if Cheryl wanted to make an extra batch, raffle them off she might raise enough funds to buy a M2 Benelli.

Great match and the stages were excellent. Thanks to all who worked the match so we all could have a good time. The only backup we had was waiting on Tod to get a reshoot again and again and again. No really squad 7 was fun and I had a great time.

Thanks and see everyone at FB3G

Mike