Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3-gun, 2008

Are there going to be any Target Vendors at the match? If so, who might they be, as I need targets for the local club and would rather pick them up there than pay for the shipping cost.

Regards,

Jack

It does not look like it although the good news is that by next year, we may again have a target vendor within Area 6.

For about any match, if you contact the MD in plenty of time you can add your club order to that of the match and pick them up at the match. Whether or not this would still work for this match would require you to talk to Cindy.

Charles

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Drazy from Drazy Metalworks is supposed to be coming down. You can email him(tom@drazymetalworks.com)what you want and he will trailer it down for pickup to save you shipping(assuming he comes). His number is 715-822-3465. He makes some really cool movers and swingers and drop outs as well as high quality poppers. I am sure if he had an order he would be more inclined to come down.

I was able to read the thread on prize distribution. We will be doing something similar to the way USPSA handles the Nationals distribution. The top "X" shooters (and the "X" will depend on the number of people in the division) will visit the prize table, then the 1st in class. Top lady and Top Junior will be in that mix somewhere, if there are at least 3 in a division. (Right now there is only one lady in the match, unless you count me and we will be in separate divisions if I shoot. There is only one Junior too.) Everyone else will be in order of finish.

We could use more entries. I hope the fact that I am just now announcing prize distribution didn't keep too many of you away. The stages will be fun and it looks like the prize table will be great. We are waiving the late fee, so come on out and shoot the match! The side match will be a lot of fun and it has some great prizes! :cheers:

Just got finished working on the USPSA self-squadding and I have added where you will start to the squad list. If you are not happy with your squad, you can move yourself using the pin that was emailed to you. If you don't have the pin any longer, just send me an email and I will get it to you. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the box-looking thing inside the shooting area on Rifle Stage 3 ("Long Shots") is? I think it's probably something for support on the long shots, is it wood or sand bags?

Thanks.

I think they're off hand aren't they? ;)

Does anyone know what the box-looking thing inside the shooting area on Rifle Stage 3 ("Long Shots") is? I think it's probably something for support on the long shots, is it wood or sand bags?

Thanks.

I think they're off hand aren't they? ;)

Nothing a shooter from Alabama can't handle! :closedeyes:

I think we are planning on having multiple ways to take those long shots. The block things are going to be hay bales and we will have an area for you to go prone if you like. Of course you can shoot them off-hand too. You will have to move around in the shooting area to get all the targets, so you might wind up using all different positions :roflol:

I think we are planning on having multiple ways to take those long shots. The block things are going to be hay bales and we will have an area for you to go prone if you like. Of course you can shoot them off-hand too. You will have to move around in the shooting area to get all the targets, so you might wind up using all different positions :roflol:

Thanks for the info, sounds fun!

OK....question time, as I'm not to UP on the USPSA thing.

Looking at the squading....I see where people are in Open, Limited and SSTK

I see where SSTK is probably Heavy Metal, and Open is Open, and Limited is well, Limited (which I was to assume was an IRON site AR)

Is it because this is a '3 gun' tournament as opposed to a Multi-Gun Match, eveyone with a limited pistol is listed that way....and the break out in the finals will show the Tactical Division for the rifle?

Ofcourse, no idea if SSTK is Heavy metal optics or Heavy metal iron sight.

Tim

OK....question time, as I'm not to UP on the USPSA thing.

Looking at the squading....I see where people are in Open, Limited and SSTK

I see where SSTK is probably Heavy Metal, and Open is Open, and Limited is well, Limited (which I was to assume was an IRON site AR)

Is it because this is a '3 gun' tournament as opposed to a Multi-Gun Match, eveyone with a limited pistol is listed that way....and the break out in the finals will show the Tactical Division for the rifle?

Ofcourse, no idea if SSTK is Heavy metal optics or Heavy metal iron sight.

Tim

I am shooting tactical and listed as "Ltd"

Self service squadding was designed for a pistol match, so it's not going to show your aggregate division. If your signup sheet showed tactical on it anywhere and the 3 guns met the requirements, you're shooting tactical aggregate, even if you can't see it, and with one exception, I registered you as pistol Ltd. As far as heavy metal goes, you can have a scope on a rifle now.

Just a heads up. We still have plently of room in the match now but applications are flowing in. If you desire to shoot this match, and those who have shot it before tend to return each year, go ahead and get your application in the mail before we sell out.

Just a heads up. We still have plently of room in the match now but applications are flowing in. If you desire to shoot this match, and those who have shot it before tend to return each year, go ahead and get your application in the mail before we sell out.

I noticed on the squadding page that the shooters' meetings are at "the pavillion". Where is that?

Also, on shotgun stage 4 "Jungle Run" I noticed there is a "traveling 180". I've never shot one of those, I searched the .pdf rulebooks and did not find it listed, can you describe it?

Thanks...

I noticed on the squadding page that the shooters' meetings are at "the pavillion". Where is that?

Also, on shotgun stage 4 "Jungle Run" I noticed there is a "traveling 180". I've never shot one of those, I searched the .pdf rulebooks and did not find it listed, can you describe it?

Thanks...

The pavillion is in the center of the range in front of the cowboy town. It is also where the vendors will be and where lunch is served.

The traveling 180 just means that the 180 is not 180 to the start line. As long as the targets you are engaging are less than 180 degrees to where you are standing at the time you engage them, you are good to go. Since the jungle run is along a trail in the woods where you first traverse to the left of the starting position and then turn right, this actually aids the shooter and course designer in giving shooters more options as to where they can engage the targets.

Thanks...

The pavillion is in the center of the range in front of the cowboy town. It is also where the vendors will be and where lunch is served.

The traveling 180 just means that the 180 is not 180 to the start line. As long as the targets you are engaging are less than 180 degrees to where you are standing at the time you engage them, you are good to go. Since the jungle run is along a trail in the woods where you first traverse to the left of the starting position and then turn right, this actually aids the shooter and course designer in giving shooters more options as to where they can engage the targets.

Thank you Mr. Bond.

Could someone please post a link to where we can find the squads. I have sent in my registration, but I'm having trouble finding the match info. I saw the stages on the USPSA site, but I'm not seeing where to go for the match info. I'm probably overlooking it some where, but if some one could give me a gentle shove in the right direction I would be grateful! :rolleyes:

Could someone please post a link to where we can find the squads. I have sent in my registration, but I'm having trouble finding the match info. I saw the stages on the USPSA site, but I'm not seeing where to go for the match info. I'm probably overlooking it some where, but if some one could give me a gentle shove in the right direction I would be grateful! :rolleyes:

Go out to 'www.uspsa.org' and look on the left side of the home page. Click on the bottom button, which is 'Additional Content'. Look in the list of things until you find 'Self Service Match Squadding'. Pick the Area 6 3 Gun Championship and look for your name. There is a link on that page to see the full names of competitors if you are a USPSA member. Hope that helps! :ph34r:

Cindy

Go out to 'www.uspsa.org' and look on the left side of the home page. Click on the bottom button, which is 'Additional Content'. Look in the list of things until you find 'Self Service Match Squadding'. Pick the Area 6 3 Gun Championship and look for your name. There is a link on that page to see the full names of competitors if you are a USPSA member. Hope that helps! :ph34r:

Cindy

Or instead, select the 'frequently used pages' pulldown on the right and select self service squadding from that.

post-2179-1225289421_thumb.jpg